Morning (Sherlock)

Start from the beginning

"Are you talking about me?" I hear behind me, the voice sounding all too familiar. My eyes slightly widen before I quickly stand and turn toward the owner of the voice, my eyes catching Irene in the flesh standing in front of me.

"Hello, Irene," I greet, my voice it's usual blatant and emotionless tone. I don't want to give her high hopes that I'm happy to see her because I'm not.

"Hello, Sherlock," Irene greets with a smirk that would be in comparison to the devil's. "I've missed you," She tells me, her voice almost seductive.

John quickly appears behind her, releasing a sigh of relief upon seeing me. "Oh, good," He says, out of breath from running up the stairs. "You're awake," John points out the obvious before waving at (Y/n) behind me. "Hello, (Y/n)," He greets her, receiving a "hello" back.

Walking over to (Y/n) who's standing beside the table, I notice her physique and body language is awkward and tense as I wrap my arm around her waist. Pulling her to me with a smile, I let out a small sigh of relief as I feel her body relax almost instantly. "Irene," I say. "This is (Y/n); the love of my life."

In response, Irene tilts her head a little, confused. "The love of your life?" She questions me for clarification.

"Yes," I answer her, nodding. "The love of my life and fiancée," I repeat myself proudly, only with a new word added at the end.

"And believe it or not," (Y/n) begins, looking up at me with a smile and slightly wide eyes. "He's the love of mine as well," she finishes, mindlessly twisting the promise ring I gave her at the start of our relationship with her thumb.

I haven't proposed to (Y/n), but I've grown tired of saying 'girlfriend' over the past few years when she means so much more to me. I love (Y/n) and she loves me - we could be practically husband and wife now. Besides, all a marriage is a piece of paper signed by two adults. (Y/n) and I have so much more than that. We have a bond with each other and no one could ever recreate that.

Smiling back down at (Y/n), I smooth my thumb over her soft pyjamas as John suddenly clears his throat, trying to alter the situation. "Well, uh, Irene has something to ask of you, Sherlock," He reveals, his hand scratching at the hair on his neck with slight nervousness and hesitation.

Looking back over at the two visitors, I nod and sit down at the table, pulling (Y/n) down onto my lap at the same time much to her shock; I know she isn't used to me showing a public display of affection, but this time is different. This time is much different.

Once Irene and John both sit across from us, Irene begins. "I have this problem," she states the obvious. "This guy is after me. Apparently, he thinks his wife cheated on him with me and now I think he's following me around." I slowly nod, my eyebrows furrowing as I find this case truly and utterly dull.

"Soooo..." I begin, placing my hands in a triangle to my chin. "What do you want me to do about it?" Despite my question, Irene looks at me strangely, prompting me to continue on. "I mean, there is no dead body to identify, nor is there an actual case. I have nothing to work with other than the fact that you have business with a woman whom you really shouldn't be involved with," I look at her now uncomfortable expression, thoughts quickly arising to my mind.

"Or is there something else..." I propose an idea, making Irene quickly look at me with her eyes wide. "There is no man who's following you, no..." her eyes are even wider now. "You came to tell us something," Irene turns her head to the side a little, her chin lifted into the air. "And don't try to deny it either - you just gave yourself away."

Finally, Irene sighs and places her palms on the table. "Fine," she gives up, making me smirk. "There is no guy, you're right. But I wanted to come and tell you I... I love you... and now that I see you with this... this siren in your lap-" (Y/n) immediately stands up from the table, facing Irene as her blood nears the boiling point.

"What's that supposed to mean?" (Y/n) asks, putting a hand on her hip. Standing as well, Irene smirks and places a hand on her hip, mimicking (Y/n)'s movements to try and irritate her.

"You should know," Irene answers her, "Sherlock does like the smart ones."

"Which explains why he doesn't like you," (Y/n) clap backs with an unmoving expression, causing the dominatrix's eyes to go wide as well as mine and John's. "Now, I don't know why you still planned on telling Sherlock that you loved him even after seeing me in his life; it's quite insulting," I smirk at her words. "Is it part of your cheap dominatrix act or something?"

With a scoff, Irene drops her hand at her side as she stares daggers into (Y/n). "I am not cheap," Irene defends matter-of-factly, only for (Y/n) to shut it down.

"Fine. Free, whatever," (Y/n) throws at Irene, taking a step toward her. Being the strong and unwavering woman she is, (Y/n)'s posture doesn't falter in the slightest, nor does the stern look on her face. "And as for calling me a siren, I think you're the one who would know," She quotes Irene's earlier failed attempt at an insult. "In fact, you fit the word's definition more than I would as you're the one who is currently trying to lure Sherlock into something he does not want to do," (Y/n) pauses for a quick second, almost visibly calming herself into a polite homeowner. "Now, please, leave."

Irene, not as confident as she started, slowly turns and does as she's told, leaving (Y/n), me, and John to ourselves. After we hear the front door close, John is the first one to break the silence. "So..." he starts as (Y/n) situates herself back in my lap. "Who, uh... who knew you could destroy someone like that?" He remarks, chuckling. I start lightly laughing with him before we all burst into full laughter. Next, (Y/n) is the one to speak.

"I just said what was on my mind!" She defends herself, laughing. "Besides, she had it coming! How dare you come into my home and try to insult me or my, uh, my fiancé," (Y/n) quotes my earlier statement, looking at me with a raised brow. "and then try to take him at the same time. Who does she think she is?"

Once we all eat breakfast and have a cuppa, John decides to go back to Mary's, leaving (Y/n) and me to ourselves. Currently, in my mind palace, I lay on the couch while (Y/n) tidies up the kitchen to her level.

Just as she finishes and walks into the living room, I quickly take the chance to pull her onto the couch with me, her body landing beside me with her arms firmly planted on my chest to prevent herself from entirely falling on me. Smiling, (Y/n) instantly calms down after the initial shock and lays down on my chest where she giggles.

"What, my love?" I ask her, referring to her small bit of laughter.

"Oh, nothing," (Y/n) answers, leaning up to rest her chin on my chest. "It's just that... well, I don't know," she sighs with a smile. "You referred to me as your 'fiancée' back there," (Y/n) reminds me, her cheeks conveying an almost red rose color.

I smile with her, moving my hand up to run through her soft and silky hair. "I was getting tired of saying the term 'girlfriend' when you are so much more to me," I tell her with a small smile. "I thought you deserved a better title," Staring at me for a few moments, she begins to giggle once again before planting her lips all over my face, her blushing cheeks becoming even darker with each second passing.

"I love you!" She exclaims in between giggles, making me laugh along with her as her kisses spread across my face.

"You're crazy," I tell her, my lips resting with a caring smile. "But I love you too."