Morning (Sherlock)

Sherlock's POV
For me, mornings weren't always pleasant, but that was until I met (Y/n). She made me enjoy waking up to a freshly rising sun and the coldness that followed the absence of the bed's comforters. Personally, I didn't care about it being cold, but it gave me an excuse to cuddle (Y/n) closer to me instead of admitting that I actually want to be touched.

After a long nights sleep, I find myself opening my eyes to the combination of fresh light filling our room and the gentle tapping of (Y/n)'s finger against my back. Lifting my head from (Y/n)'s chest, I feel euphoria practically surging through my veins as I gaze upon (Y/n)'s smiling face with the light from the sun shining behind her. "Good morning, handsome," She greets me as her eyes catch me awake.

"Good morning, gorgeous," I greet back, her cheeks turning red at the endearment. "What time is it?" I ask, laying my head back onto her chest. "Just about eight," She answers me, laying back against her pillow. "The phone woke me; John left a message for you."

"About...?" I question furthermore, sitting up to hover over her on the soft bed sheets.

"I don't know," She tells me, beginning to stretch. "He just said that he needed you for something," She stops in her movements as if a thought came to mind. "He said something about 'The Woman'...?" At her questioning tone, I raise an eyebrow. What does Irene want now?

"John never stated her name. In fact, he cut himself off a time or two just as he was about to say it-" I quickly cut (Y/n) off, pressing my lips against hers. A few moments pass before I pull away, both of our mouths taking in a breath of air.

"I'm not leaving the house today," I inform her, "I know there will be a case and I will rate this a four," Closing her eyes, (Y/n) smiles with a small shake of her head before moving from underneath me, leaving me to land flat on the bed.

"I'll make us breakfast and some tea," She tells me, standing with another stretch. "Meanwhile, tell me who 'the woman' is," (Y/n) then swiftly turns toward me, standing in one spot and unmoving. "And don't try to tell me you don't know who the woman is; you know I'm not easily lied to."

I smile; I'm dating a genius, and I love her. "Irene Adler," I state the woman's name, moving to get out of bed and head to the kitchen with (Y/n), but not forgetting to grab the housecoat she got for me last Christmas. "She was a dominatrix who had important photographs on her phone and a slight obsession with me," I inform her, sliding the dark blue material onto my shoulders.  "John and I worked on her case to figure out the password to her picture phone. Meanwhile, there were a bunch of puzzles that her 'boss' set up for me."

As I speak, (Y/n) begins to put a kettle on the stove before cracking a few eggs into a bowl, beating them together before pouring the eggs into a pan. "And by the looks of it, she's back in London," I note, sitting down at our breakfast table.

"Did you ever get close to her?" (Y/n) asks, moving the eggs around in the pan to scramble them.

"Eh, technically, yes," I answer (Y/n) honestly, watching her turn her head to watch me as I continue on. "I only pretended to be enthralled with her so I could get her phone unlocked, but I also did save her from getting decapitated," Almost immediately, (Y/n)'s eyes widen with shock until the kettle behind her begins whirring, causing her to turn back around and tend to it.

Taking two mugs from the cabinet above her, (Y/n) puts a teabag and two sugars in each before pouring the now steaming water into the cups. As she does this, she moves the pan with the eggs onto a different burner so she doesn't accidentally burn them. "She was too... unfitting for me to be honest," I state as (Y/n) walks over with the two mugs in hand, an almost confused look marked onto her face. "She was too... out-there for my liking."