08.

| chapter eight: care |

Lucas was working on some songs when the doorbell rang. He sprinted down the stairs, knowing Scott had promised to come. He threw open the door and was met with a smile. He let Scott in and the two walked up stairs while small talking.

"Are you sure you're okey-"

"I promise I'm okey, now what exactly did you see in the library?" Scott asked as he sat down on the bed, glancing at the fluffy cat laying on it.

"Just Jackson looking scaly and lizardy, kinda like Lizard in Spider-Man!" Lucas spoke, hoping he didn't sound crazy.

Scott was glad the younger boy didn't know about him being a werewolf but it still worried him that he had seen Jackson. He didn't want to drag the innocent boy into this supernatural mess, knowing it would get him hurt.

"Okey, there's a lot of things that goes on in Beacon Hills that not many knows of, Jackson was one of them. He turned into something... else but we have it under control." Scott spoke and Lucas nodded, he didn't really want to push it but was secretly desperate for answers.

"At the party when that woman attacked you, was that part of this?" He asked, still remembering that night clearly.

"Kinda, I'm sorry that I can't tell you much but-"

"It's okey, you don't have to tell me. Just who exactly is Derek and who was the strange man in the locker room?" Lucas asked and smiled as Murphy laid down in his lap, purring.

"Derek is somewhat of an friend and the other man is his uncle Peter. Peter's not a very good guy so if you see him please stay away." Scott sounded concerned as he spoke, "I care about you Lucas and I don't want you to get hurt, that's why I can't tell everything."

It was strange, to hear someone being worried about you. Lucas didn't have many close friends, he knew Danny and Isaac and occasionally spoke to Lydia but that's it. No one really cared to be worried about him and now Scott was here, being adorable and caring.

"I-It's okey, I care about you too." Lucas mumbled quietly, his heart pounding in his chest. The large smile on Scott's face didn't go unnoticed and Lucas was glad he had said it. He never liked confessing feelings and it took a lot for him to do it.

Scott carefully took Lucas's hand in his own, smiling while hearing the younger ones heartbeat skyrocketing completely.
The day had been messy but he was glad how it had ended with being next to Lucas.

| unedited & short, next chapter will be longer :) |