06.

| chapter six: battlefield |

Lucas was back in school and he was currently in the music room. He was a bit worried, his mom had told him several officers had died last night at the police station. He wondered what had happened and if it had something to do with Jackson and his scaly self. Then they had found Matt, drowned by the river. That scared Lucas, he was absolutely terrified of drowning. It was strange how everyone in this town seemed to die, never of old age or a sickness but because of 'mysterious circumstances'.

Lucas only had one class left but before that he had a meeting with the schools guidance counselor. He'd gone to her for some months now, it was nice to have someone to talk to. He could talk with his mom but for him it felt better to go to someone he didn't know very well. He and Mrs.Morell would often talk about the never ending anxiety he had and the panic attacks that occasionally struck him.

Sometimes it actually helped to talk and sometimes it didn't do much, but that was okey. At first it was hard for him to go and see Mrs.Morell, but it felt good when he'd done it.

After school Lucas went home and studied for an half hour then crashed on the couch. Murphy jumped up and laid down next to him, purring slightly. Real housewives of New York played on the tv and he almost couldn't keep up with all the drama. He liked Ramona and loved the video of her screaming 'that's my opinion,' it always made him laugh.

It was some big lacrosse game tonight, Lucas didn't plan on going but he wanted to see Scott. So he went and was shocked to see Scott on the bench instead of out on the field. It took exactly five minutes for him to gather up the courage to walk over to Scott, who was sitting alone.

"Why are you on the bench? And why is Stiles dancing?" He asked, taking the seat next to the brunette.

"He finally gets to play and coach benched me because I'm failing several classes." Scott sighed as he spoke but smiled at how close the two where sitting.

"Oh, I'm sorry."Lucas frowned, "You know if you want I can help you? I'm not a genius or a real tutor but I can help at least a little bi-"

"I'd love to! It would be great if you could help me." Scott smiled, cursing himself for sounding so foolishly excited.

Lucas heart skipped a beat and he smiled, he tore his eyes away from Scott's and looked out on the field.

Scott was happy but froze as Gerard voice rung trough his ears. The older man threatening to turn the field into a bloodbath if he didn't deliver him Derek.

"I'll have Jackson rip someone's head off right in the middle of the field and drench everyone you love and care about in blood. Including the boy next to you, Lucas was his name if I'm correct?" Was his exact words and Scott tensed up at the mention of his crush's name.

Lucas was clueless as he sat next to Scott, he had no idea about what was going down. He was in a blissful state, happy that he went up to Scott and didn't cover away.

Coach blew the whistle and the game begun, Stiles getting tackled right away.
Lucas mom called and he left to answer, she was wondering if he was okey. He didn't go out much, especially not to games or events. He couldn't handle big crowds and she knew that. When he hung up and went back to the field, several players had gotten tackled and looked like they where hurt real bad.

Scott was nowhere to be seen and Isaac seemed to be missing too. He decided to sit next to Lydia, who smiled at him then did a grimace when Stiles got hit in the head by the lacrosse ball.

After ten minutes the overbearing noice of all the people started to get to him, he decided to listen to some music and grabbed his earphones. Stiles had actually scored several goals by now and the crowd was clapping and cheering loudly. Lucas started to scroll trough one of his playlists as everyone started to celebrate the win. The next time he looked up, he was met with havoc.

The cheers had turned into horrifying screams and everyone started to run away from the field in pure panic. It was all happening so fast and he had no idea what was going on. One of the players was down and surrounded by teammates while the stench of blood covered the field. Lydia started to scream Jackson's name in worry and rushed to the others while Lucas sat as frozen.

What was going on?

| unedited |