01.

| chapter one : restraint |

Lucas Dane was no one important in Beacon Hills, everyone seemed to have a role to play and he was just confused.
And everyone seemed to have a gang of friends to be with, he wasn't a loner but never seemed to be anyone's best friend or first choice when it comes to hanging out or doing group projects. It didn't bother him much actually, maybe he wanted to be more involved but he liked being by himself. He could focus on his music, not be obligated to sit by a lunch table with a certain group of people or always choose a desk in class next to a best friend. It was always just him and his music and that was okey.

He was currently in the school's music room, it was lunch but he wasn't interested in fish sticks that tastes like death itself and there where too many students in there anyways. He would get anxiety or start overthinking.

"Take it easy on my heart even though you don't mean to hurt me you keep tearing me apart. Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart -"

He stopped singing and frowned, not knowing how he should continue with the song. It was only half written and he was already stuck. He started playing the accords on the guitar and hummed along to the lyrics he'd written and tried to come up with a sentence to sound good with what he had.

He didn't notice anyone entering the room until a quiet curse was heard as the person stumbled over the piano chair.
He looked up to meet the brown eyes of Scott Mcall, who looked rather flustered at getting caught watching the boy sing.

"I- I wasn't watching you or anything! I didn't even hear you sing I just, uhm I just-"

It was weird to see Scott so nervous since Lucas had always thought he was really confident and not one to stutter.

"It's okey, do you need the music room? I can leave if you want?" Lucas spoke and was already picking up his guitar and the papers spread around him.

"No, please stay, I just wanted to ask you something if that's okey?" Scott sounded uncertain and Lucas wondered why, he honestly didn't even know why Scott would want to talk to him. The only times they have talked it's been about homework or those rare times when Scott has tried to start a conversation but then ran away or said his friends where calling for him and disappeared.

"You know Latin right?" Scott asked and Lucas nodded while being slightly confused.

"That's great! I was wondering if you could translate something for me?"

"Uh sure, what for?" Lucas asked and the doe eyed brunette seemed to be caught frozen for some seconds.

"I'm part of an online gaming community that fights mystical creatures." Scott blurted out the words in what seemed like panic.

"I thought that was Stiles thing but sure, do you got the book or text with you?"

Scott quickly nodded and opened his backpack and grabbed an IPad and reached it out to Lucas, their fingers touched and Scott quickly drew back his hand. Lucas noticed it but focused on the text instead of wondering why he would do that.

"I can easily translate this but hey just by reading some sentences I know you're gonna be in deep trouble in your game. This thing is a killer." Lucas frowned as he spoke, what he read was pretty scary and strange. But it was about mystical creatures so it was expected to be strange.

"Do you want me to take a picture of the text since you might want your Ipad? These things are really expensive and I'm pretty clumsy."

"No it's okey, I trust you."

Scott's words where not supposed to make Lucas feel happy but they did and it freaked him out, a lot. He was not one to get butterflies or feel romantic emotions but it was just something about Scott Mcall's brown eyes and dumbly cute smile that made his whole body react.
When Scott left the room his shoulder collided with the wall and he stumbled out, making Lucas laugh slightly.

As he sat in the empty music room he swore to himself that he wouldn't under any circumstances fall in love or even like Scott, it would only mean trouble and that's not what he needs right now.