07.

| chapter seven: master plan |

Lucas was confused as he watched the ambulance off the lacrosse field. The sheriff and the officers where questioning everyone, both about Jackson and Stiles. The latter one had gone missing.

Lucas was trying to find Scott, whom he hadn't seen for a while. Everyone was rushing around and it was hard to find him. He felt overwhelmed and uncomfortable as he walked past several people but he desperately wanted to se if Scott was okey.

"Coach, do you know where Scott is?" Lucas asked as the bitter man walked by.

"In the locker rooms." The man mumbled then cursed as he saw Greenberg and headed off to probably shout at the guy.

Lucas rushed to the locker rooms and half stumbled inside, then froze. Scott and Isaac where there a long with Derek and an unknown man.

"Lucas? What are you doing here?" Scott asked, sounding concerned as he glanced at the older men in confusion.

"Uh, I wanted to find you. Can we please talk?" The boy nervously spoke, feeling uncomfortable by the several eyes on him.
Scott nodded and left the room, his hand on Lucas's back as they walked away

"I was wondering if you are okey and uh, I don't think Jackson just suffered an accident." Scott looked puzzled as the shorter one spoke.

"What do you mean?" Scott knew what he meant but how?

"I lied before, when I passed out in the library I saw something. Jackson was strange, his eyes where non human and I know you might not want to tell me but is this a lizard thing and not just a lacrosse accident?" Lucas stared down at the ground as he spoke. He was scared to mention Stiles, not knowing if the boy was really missing or if Scott wanted to talk about it.

"It might be a lizard thing, god you must have so many questions. Just know that something is going on right now and I need to try and deal with it. I can't say much but I can come over later and try to explain some of it." Scott spoke softly as he took a small step closer to the boy.

"I can help! You don't have to hide things for me, I'm good at keeping secrets. I can't fight and I'm a little bit scared of Jackson but I can come with and-" Lucas started to ramble, looking up at Scott with a small smile.

"You would probably be useful but I don't want you to get hurt, I'll stop by your house tonight if that's okey. And don't worry about Jackson, he's not- it's complicated."

For some seconds the two boys simply stared at each other, hearts beating quickly and small careful smiles. It felt like time froze and Lucas felt a longing. He wanted to touch Scott so badly, he wanted to see that smile again and again and never get tired of it. It was truly a terrifying feeling, to want someone.

"Are you going to kiss or something? We kinda need to go." Peter interrupted and the two jumped, he murmured something about a murderous grandpa and Jackson. Lucas had no idea who the man was but by Scott's look, he wasn't very liked.

"I'll meet you later, okey?"

Lucas nodded and watched as the two hurried away. He wondered what was really going on and realized just how little he knows about it.

As Scott walked towards Lucas's house several hours later, he was worried and tired. He still had Stiles's heartbroken face in his mind, they truly thought Jackson was gone. He couldn't even imagine how it must have felt for him when Lydia hugged Jackson and to get his Jeep scratched. He was also worried about Allison, his feelings for her where completely gone but he still cared.

He tried to forget about it for now and focus on Lucas and what he would say. He knew he couldn't say much but he felt bad leaving Lucas in the dark. The truth was really hard sometimes.

| unedited |