Chapter XIII

POV: Aletta

It's been a month since Angelo disappeared.

Since he discovered the truth about who he is? who he was? who he's destined to be? His past?

Whatever it is, after he found out, he went MIA...

Turns out Angelo was Angelo Santovendito. The Angelo Santovendito!

The mafia king. The ruthless, stone-cold killer.

It's no wonder he ran off. Finding out that your the boss of the biggest mafia in the world, that your in fact the infamous Angelo Santovendito, is not something that can be taken lightly.

It took me days to get over the fact that my new best friends were involved in the mafia and that I had just met their ruthless boss.

I eventually did get over it though. Just because they're involved in the mafia, it doesn't change the fact that they're still my best friends.

I heard from Bella that some of his men found a car crashed against a tree trunk in the middle of the very same forest he crashed in when he lost his memory.

There were traces of dna all over the car and scene (mainly blood-lots of blood), proving that he had in fact been in yet another accident.
Bella said they managed to trace the blood up to the highway, but after that he managed to cover his tracks well.

All hospitals in the area were checked as well as airports, but he couldn't be traced.

After a week of searching, Alex received a message from Angelo, that he was taking a break and to not come looking for him.
And so, much to Bella's dismay, that's what they did.

Bella and Alex grew very distant over the first week. Alex wasn't at school, due to his injury but Bella was always spacing out in class and during our conversations, then again, I couldn't blame them since their cousin had just gone missing.

After Alex received the message, Bella was a hot mess, always breaking down, but she eventually got better.

After a week more she learned to deal with the events, and that leads to our current situation.

Over the past month, the three of us have grown closer than ever.

Bella and Alex are both still quite down at times despite the effort they put in, and as their friend, it's my job to help them out.

As the three of us adapt to the new situation, things begin to look up for us. For the first time in a month, Alex and Bella don't look depressed, they're more happy and still progressing.

As I reflect on the past month, a shrill erupts in my mind, disrupting my train of thoughts.

I shoot up, from the desk I was leaning on, and realise that I was daydreaming during class.
I stalk out of the room, and head to my locker where Bella is leaned, scrolling through her phone.

I approach my locker, and take all the books I need for the weekends homework and me and Bella walk out to the parking lot together.

As we walk over to Bella's car Alex jogs after us. He squeezes between us, and lazily swings an arm over both our shoulders.