Octavia gasped, 'Byrd?'

'That'd be me.'

She chuckled at the fearful look on the girl's face, shaking her head as she slipped her knife away.

'I'm not going to kill you if that's what you're worried about,' She stated.

Octavia drew her leg up to her chest, studying the fresh wound from where Lincoln had fixed the protruding bone.

'He fixed it?' She muttered.

'Not all grounders are bad apparently,' The Delani girl shrugged; 'Though most are.'

'What are you doing here? Did you help him?'

'Sweetheart, you were already here when I arrived. I didn't do anything.'

She held Octavia's gaze for a second before she looked away, wandering up the narrow cave. She listened to the girl's yells as she tried to follow her, a small smirk sliding onto her face as she leant against the wall. Byrd ran her hand over her face, yawning as she waited for Lincoln to return. He had disappeared hours ago, leaving her to look after the Blake girl; much to her distaste.

'Where are we?' Octavia asked as she limped up to her, blood all over her face.

'I don't know,' She shrugged.

'What?'

'I don't know where we are. Why do I have to spell it out to you?'

'Look, I'm sorry, ok?'

'For stringing me up by my neck? Or for kicking me and Murphy out of camp?'

'For all of it... We're stuck here so we may as well be friends.'

'Kiss my arse.'

'Byrd!'

The Delani girl flipped her off over her shoulder as she continued further up the tunnel, running her hands along the dirt walls. She smirked when Lincoln's silhouette appeared in front of her, before she met his eyes through the dark.

'I wasn't going far,' She muttered as she turned around.

'Is she awake?' He asked quietly.

'Up and moving... Heard anything about Murphy?'

The man shook his head, causing her to sigh as she nodded. But as they made it to the main part of the cave, Octavia was gone. Byrd chuckled as she smirked, holding her hands in the air.

'It wasn't me,' She stated.

/\/\/

Byrd wandered through the forest on her search for Murphy once again, Lincoln somewhere in the surrounding bush searching for Octavia. She had been from her cave, walking countless different paths trying to find some evidence of her best friend. So far, she had found nothing and it pissed her off.

Her head snapped up when she heard a scream, before her body was yanked behind a tree. Her eyes instantly met Lincoln's, the black paint smeared around them only making them look darker. She didn't make a sound, knowing why he was doing what he was doing. A smirk came onto her face when she heard a piercing squelch before another pained scream, her gaze never leaving his.

Once it went quiet again, the man shot off again. Byrd followed after him, ducking behind another tree not too long later when she watched him pull Octavia behind a mound. She peeked out to see what she was supposed to be hiding from, two grounders running by and a spear plunge itself into a girl's chest.

The girl had stepped out from behind the tree before they had even passed properly, walking toward Lincoln and Octavia without a care in the world. Octavia looked at her wide eyed, not able to say anything with Lincoln's hand over her mouth. Lincoln shot her a look that only she saw through his already stern gaze as he stood up straight, letting the Blake girl go.