[Chapter Forty-Six] The Truth About Mia

Start from the beginning

"I wove you." she mumbled

"I love you too pretty girl." I said and she curled back up with me and watched the movie we both knew by heart.

"Julian what happened to her?" she asked bringing me out of my memories.

"After Sara died Mia was so confused wondering where her mom was but she couldn't understand that she had died and couldn't understand that mommy was never coming home. My dad took her camping to try to cheer her up since she loved the forest and he said that she fell in the river and he couldn't get to her, she drown." I remembered him calling and us going out there.

He was soaking wet and covered in mud and there was a search team sent out to try to recover her body but she was gone. It broke my heart, first Sara and then Mia.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered

"I tried to protect her and I always took a hit for Mia, my father never laid a hand on her, not once and then Sara died and it all stopped, he seemed upset and he spent more time with Mia because she was all that was left of Sara. I shouldn't have let him take her that night." I cried and I didn't care about being weak.

It was my fault she was dead, I should have been able to see through his act, he hadn't changed.

"You did all you could, it was an accident." She said and I shook my head

"He said it was but it wasn't an accident." I said bitterly. That son of a bitch probably pushed her in the river.

"What?" she asked and I don't think she could ever comprehend how abusive and heartless my father was, raping his own daughter for years and taunting her and pushing her until she killed herself. I'm glad he's dead.

"He killed Mia. He didn't have to say it but I know."

"How?" she asked

"The sick smile he tried to hide when we were all in tears and lost after her death, it was the same one he had with Sara's, he was glad she was dead and since we couldn't find her body it covered his ass." My father was a sick son of a bitch and I wish I had the guts to shoot him like my mom did.

"Julian." She went to talk and I shook my head.

"I tried to protect her but I swear I didn't know. If I had known I would have taken Mia and ran, I would have never let him see her again." I seethed.

"You were a great uncle." She told me trying to calm me down and I shook my head, I've never told anyone about the things he did, Kylie knew he was abusive, he'd knocked her around a couple times when she was over but as soon as I got old enough I took it all, at least as much as I could.

I took the hits for my mom, for Mia, Sara, Kylie, and even my worthless brother and I wish I could have taken every single one and they never had to have a hand raised to them.

"After she died I sat and watched that movie and I cried and I haven't watched it since, it's the same exact one I watched with her." I held it tighter and she gently grabbed it from my hands and put it in and started it.

I laid my head in her lap and she didn't say anything as we watched the whole movie, I cried none stop but she didn't mind, she just ran her hands through my hair and I knew that I could trust her with everything, she was my everything.

"Why would your dad want to hurt Mia?" Bailey asked as the credits rolled

"Because then no one would ever know his dirty secret." I seethed

"What secret?" she asked me

"He made sure no one would find her body so that no one would ever know that Mia was his daughter too. Sara always refused to say who the dad was, but it was all in the letter." She sucked in a deep breath. The son of a bitch even got her pregnant.