||ᴛᴇɴ||

||Play the video while reading, headphones recommended.||

Y/N's POV

In good times, in bad times. There is always the one who is by your side no matter whatever you are going through. That is her. Halmeoni.

Eomma slowly closed her eyes and slipped into her deep slumber. I slid away from her side and sat on the rocking chair in the living room, by the fireplace. The storm left me unbothered as usual. I slowly closed my eyes. Of course not to sleep, but just so that I could talk to Halmeoni.

Her hums mixed with the wind that crossed my ears. She hummed a little louder and sang with it as well.

I'm sorry I can't give you all of me.
The sweet little girl you used to be is gone
She was replaced by you.
That sweet little innocent girl is on her deathbed.

She's been beaten, bruised, and battered by the world.
She now knows better than to have hopes and dreams.
She's been pushed aside, betrayed by her closest friends.
She now knows to put up walls to avoid getting hurt again.

That little girl she's been locked away in a
cage,
She still hopes to see the light of day
again.
That little girl who didn't even have the slightest
clue.
I know that this little girl was once you.

I opened my eyes, just to see the storms getting louder. Eomma came to me and carried me in her arms to the bedroom while I pretended to sleep.

I wish Halmeoni was alive.

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

[Halmeoni means Grandma]

Look, I know I promised for a big twist, but my brain has stopped working at a point now. I will seriously update twice or thrice later, for now just bare with me and my lame updates.

Song credits completely goes to infires37. She posted the original version in her book named 'lyrics', so go and check it out! (This one has some compulsory changes.)