Chapter 29 Chantel

"Chantel, what's this?" Dria asked, holding my extremely damp panties.

"It's nothing, just a little accident."

"Your water broke?"

"Yes."

"Your water broke and it's just a little accident.. Why are you acting strange?"

I ignored her while continuing to fold clothes. I was extremely nervous to have this second baby. Marcus wasn't around, my mom didn't want me have another child, and I was an emotional wreck. From stressing over Marcus' lawyers to actually coming to terms of him possibly having to serve time, everything was downhill.

"Chantel!"

"What, Dria?!"

"What do you mean what? You didn't think to tell anyone? I'm lucky I came over, or you would have had the baby here."

"Relax Dria, my water just broke."

She sat down on the bed next to me and crossed her arms, giving me an exaggerated side eye. "What kind of games are you playing?"

"Dria, go and get the doctor on the phone, please?"

Rising from the bed, clearly annoyed, she left the room, leaving me there to finish folding.

Kaidyn made it over an hour later, rushing through the door like a mad woman.

"Do you have all of your things ready?"

"Yes."

"Okay, well I'll grab your bags and you get in the car."

"She's been acting crazy." Dria informed Kaidyn as we all got into the car.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lied, easing into the seat with a smile.

She shrugged and fastened her seat belt, while Dria still looked suspicious. I hated that she could read through my act, but I kept my poker face. The ride was filled with silence and a bit of tension, before Kaidyn began to ask questions.

"Does Marcus know you're in labor?"

"No, only you two."

"Where's Sky?"

"With my mom.."

"What about the baby's name?"

"I'm thinking Madison.. Madison Campbell."

"Well, anything is better than Dandria." Kaidyn joked, winking in my direction, attempting to ease the mood as usual.

"Excuse you?"

"What? Your mom knew it was ghetto when she gave you the name."

"Whatever."

We walked through the double doors carefully, before being assisted by the familiar doctor.

"I'm a little early, aren't I? " I asked, glancing down at him.

"A little early? Do you mean your visit here or labor?"

"Labor..."

"Its perfectly normal to deliver early, but we will check everything out for you, Ms.Taylor."

I flashed him a weak smile and continued through the hospital.

A few hours later and my contractions were forceful. The familiar pains of labor caused me to regret getting pregnant. Kaidyn's finger tips are red from my constant squeezing, but she didn't mind. Dandria watched the doctors as if she was on the clock, closely and monitoring their every move.