Chapter 22 Kaidyn

After work, I stopped by the grocery store and headed to Jah's house. Since I haven't seen him in a while, I decided to stop by and make dinner.

"Kaidyn? What you doin' here?"

"I wanted to cook." I spoke holding up the grocery bags.

"I wasn't expecting you but come in."

I gave him a strange facial expression and waltzed inside, peeping around as he shut the door.

"Anyone here?"

"Na, it's just me.."

Handing him the bags, I headed to the kitchen and and washed my hands.

After we ate dinner, the both of us snuggled on the couch while I tried watching this movie that he was extremely interested in.

"Can we do something else?"

"We can fuck..."

Rolling my eyes, I rose from the couch. "I was thinking, a date. Like the one before?"

"Na, I'm too tired."

"Too tired huh? From what? Or who?" I asked sarcastically while examining the bag thrown against the floor, I had just noticed.

"Everything is all good. Play your part and you won't have to worry about somebody else replacing you."

I turned to him and placed my hand on my hip with an attitude. "What did you say?"

"You heard what I said."

"I heard what you said and I think you should watch what you say! Don't give me ultimatums. If it's that easy to replace me, why am I here?"

"Gone somewhere with that bullshit."

He turned the television up and slouched against the seat. As bad as I wanted to hit his ass with one of those pans from the kitchen, I refrained.

"Jahleel, what you're not going to do is disrespect me! Try that with those bitches in the streets!"

"Get ya ass up outta here, then!"

"No problem!" I snatched up my purse and headed for the door.

"You ain't gone do the dishes first?" He called after me. "Triflin' ass." Jah mumbled before I slammed the door behind me.

Chantel

"Why is she sending you pictures Marcus?" I punched his chest as he walked back into the room.

Even though his visiting was not social, I still wanted to pry. When he left his phone on the bed, I had to go through it. I wanted to know who he was talking to and when. His phone was mostly filled with calls back and forth, between his grandmother, Daniel, Rock, and a few other numbers that were nameless. Everything was intact until going through his messages and seeing pictures of Erica's naked ass. Four different pictures of her, in different poses. Seeing that he didn't respond to the message, had me a bit curious.

"Why you hit me, Chan?"

"Don't try that shit, what's this?"

I slung the phone towards him and sighed as he glanced at the screen. "Why you going through my shit?"

"Don't change the fucking subject!"

"You need to be the last one worried about why people sending me shit! I ain't the one who cheated!"

"So, you are fucking her?" I let out a dry laugh and placed my hand on my hip. "You couldn't wait, huh?"

He turned to me and smacked his lips. "We ain't together, Chantel."