Chapter 23 Erica

"You're crazy, my baby will be the next Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, or even Jackie Robinson!" I bragged to Kacy while my arm was wrapped around my baby. "Casey Campbell." I marveled with a huge smile as he stared up at me.

"Ahh, whatever. Casey sucks!" Kacy teased playfully.

"You're a hater, TT Kacy!" He giggled before the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it, it's probably my brother." Kacy spoke waltzing to the door.

When she opened it, Ron was standing there with the carts of Chinese rice. "I don't want any grease stains on my furniture!"

"Relax, Erica." Ron laughed a bit.

He was Kacy's younger brother by two years and had really grown into a very attractive man. I often thought about pursuing him but I knew it would only make things awkward between us if it didn't work out.

"What you been up to, Erica?" He asked taking a seat at the table.

"Full time mother Ron."

"That's what's up. You still with Casey's dad?"

"Umm, can we change the subject?" Kacy intervened. "Don't you have to go to work, Ron?"

"Na, I'm off tonight."

"Well maybe you should get lost tonight." She smiled, gesturing for him to leave.

"What's the rush?" I asked.

She looked at me and took a deep breath. "Erica, you should be with Marcus, not Chantel!"

"Marcus Campbell?" Ron coughed on the rice. She turned to me while ignoring Ron's question. "When I found out Chantel and Ron had something going on, I pressed the issue. Told a few people and word got back to him."

"So you knew about the rumor before I told you?"

"I was trying to help you! I knew you really loved him and I just wanted everything to change for you. I wanted you happy."

"Kacy, it's not that simple. We aren't simple minded teenagers anymore! How could you be so stupid?"

"You might as well get back with him, Erica. I plan on getting with Chantel soon."

Ron had a smirk on his face as my door opened.

"Erica, why you sending this shit to my phone?" Marcus tossed his keys before shutting the door and eyeing Ron.

I could feel my heart trying to leap out of my chest.

"What the fuck is this, Erica?"

"Marcus, I didn't-"

"I should have known yo sneaky ass had something to do with this! Couldn't stand seeing me with Chantel."

"No- Marcus-" He pushed passed me, nearly knocking me over.

"Daddy!" Casey called, stopping him in his tracks.

He turned and kneeled down. "Casey go back to your room. I need to talk to Mommy's friend."

"Aww man!" Casey signed before running back to his room.

When Marcus stood up, Kacy stepped in his way. "You ain't touching my brother!"

"Get the fuck back before I beat yo ass too!" He barked, stepping to her like she was a man.

"Kacy! Move!" I called, pulling her away while Marcus wasted to time moving in on him.

Ron was still sitting in the chair as Marcus stood over him with a mug. "Where the phone at nigga?"

Ron wiped his mouth and sat up against the seat, with a smile. "I don't know what you talking about."

I noticed that Marcus' patience was wearing thin before he snatched Ron out of the seat by his shirt and crushed his fist towards his nose.

"Arggh!" Ron groaned, trying to swing at Marcus.

Marcus used the upper body weight in his shoulder to charge towards Ron and send him crashing onto the floor. He climbed over him, throwing several viciously punches before Ron began to bleed. When Marcus stood up, he stomped on Ron chest, causing him to squeal like a newborn child before kicking him harshly all over dining room floor.

"Get off of my brother, bitch!" Kacy spat, charging towards Marcus before he pushed her back as he continued to stomp Ron.

"You wanna rape somebody, nigga?" Marcus barked, kicking him groin region.

I noticed Ron pissing his pants as Marcus showed no remorse.

"That's enough Marcus!" I screamed trying to pull him off of Ron but he pushed me back, harder than he did Kacy.

Casey appeared in the living room, watching his father stomp Ron as I cried. "Casey is watching you!" I screamed, holding my baby.

He let up but his second reaction surprised me. "Where the fucking phone at, nigga?" He barked pulling out a gun and aiming it towards Ron.

"Please don't kill me, man! It's in my pocket!"

Marcus leaned over, snatching the phone up. "Too many witnesses, nigga." He mumbled, clearly out of breath before tucking the gun back under his shirt and clutching Ron's phone.

Marcus turned towards me with a scowl before grabbing my face, while pointing to my eye. "You ain't got shit to say to me!"

He mushed my face in the process of releasing me and stormed out of the house.

Kacy went over to check on Ron, who barely looked conscious while I held Casey in tears.

Marcus

I watched the video over and over again, trying to give Chantel the benefit of the doubt. When she told me the nigga raped her, I felt like shit fit treating her like shit. My adrenaline was rushing as I raced home.

Chantel

I heard a loud crash at the front door before rising from the bed and placing my textbook aside. Marcus entered the room with anger in his eyes before throwing the phone in my direction. I looked at him strangely and kneeled to pick up the phone. When I saw the video playing, my heart dropped.

"You told me the nigga raped you, Chan!"

I looked up at him and noticed pain mixed with anger in his eyes.

I love you, Ron! Shit, I love you! My voice echoed through the video that was playing.

His eyes looked like they were watering as I stood there speechless.

"You wearing the ring I bought... you wearing it in the video, Chan."

"Marcus-"

"Na, bruh. Fuck you!" He struggled to speak through a shaking voice.

Turning away, he left me in the room.

Thanks for reading! Comment and Vote.