Chapter 10 Dria

Babbbbbby, it was some serious shit going on. Kaidyn called me, telling me how Chantel and Marcus had a nasty argument and that Chantel left the house in the middle of the night. She said Casey kept saying he saw his dad shoot a man and I wondered if Marcus was linked to the shooting that happened outside of the club on 15th street. When I tried reaching out to Chantel, she wouldn't day much. Kaidyn and I decided to give her some space and let her and Marcus sort out their problems. Kaidyn crashed at my place and kept an eye on Danielle while I was away.

After work, I came straight home and found Kaidyn with her hand on her hip, in defense mode.

"Dria, tell your sister to stop stealing my clothes!"

"I told you I didn't steal anything from you!"

"Oh, you didn't? Well, where the hell are my jeans?"

"I can't fit anything your fat ass can wear!"

"Fat?" Kaidyn turned to me with shock in her her eyes and her mouth wide open. "That's it, I have to get my own place!"

"Thank God!" Danielle laughed before sticking the headphones in her ears.

I walked to the bedroom and found Kaidyn packing.

"You don't have to leave, Kaidyn."

"Oh, yes I do, or I'll end up putting my foot up her ass!"

"You know how she can be. At least stay until you find a place."

She paused and took my statement into consideration, as I stood by the door.

"Okay... besides, I don't have anywhere else to go." She spoke, holding back a laugh. "I invited Jah over... I hope you don't mind." "Umm, girl you know it's cool."

I turned away from the door and made my way to the kitchen. I didn't know she was seeing Jahleel and certainly didn't expect his ass to be all up and through my house. Kaidyn came back into the living room, giving Danielle a nasty glare. "He's on his way now but I wanted to cook something, I'm not sure what though." She spoke dangling the keys around in her hand.

"Wait, she's inviting someone over? Can I invite my boyfriend?"

"Which one?" Kaidyn laughed childishly.

"That was so corny." Danielle rolled her eyes while sitting back on the couch.

Kaidyn turned her attention back to me and sighed before heading towards the door. Less than twenty minutes later he was knocking on my door.

"Hey, Jahleel." I spoke, inviting him inside.

"What's up, Dria?"

I took a seat on the edge of the couch and crossed my arms while watching him. "Where's Kay?"

"She went to the store. She should be back any minute."

Danielle cleared her throat, gesturing to be introduced. "You remember my little sister don't you?"

He glanced over at Danielle, realizing who she was. "Yea, she was a little girl the last time I saw her."

"Well, I'm not a little girl anymore." Danielle smiled before walking out of the living room. Jah laughed and shook his head.

"She's a handful." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

Kaidyn came through the front door with grocery bags up to her arms.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I got a variety of food." She spoke, struggling to get through the door.

Jahleel laughed before helping her with the bags. "I'm cool with whatever you cook."