Chapter 27 Chantel

Leave it up to Kaidyn to oversleep on her day off. She was supposed to be up an hour ago, but was not answering her phone. I had called seven times and received no response. When I decided enough was enough, I drove over to her place and beat on the door.

"I was getting ready." She lied while opening the door.

"Kaidyn, I've been calling you, you just woke up!"

"Chantel, give me a few minutes."

A few minutes turned into an hour before she walked out of the bedroom.

"Remind me, not to invite you next time!"

She rolled her eyes before helping me off of the couch and out of the door.

      I had this nervous feeling inside of me as we waited to be processed. Kaidyn was a bit calm, considering the fact that she was sleeping. I decided to leave Sky with my mom, instead of bringing her with me. I knew it would be best to leave her, since she did not understand what was going on. Because of Kaidyn's delay, we were extremely late and would only be able to visit for a short period of time.

       When we entered, Marcus was already sitting down with an unconcerned demeanor. I noticed Daniel at another table before Kaidyn joined him.

"What happened?" I asked,  sitting across from him and clutching his hands.

"Nothing I can explain right now."

"What? Well what about your trial?"

"The first lawyer was saying, I'm facing up to ten to fifteen years."

I dropped my head and released his hands, completely hurt. "What about us, Marcus?"

"This is nothing, Chantel. My new lawyer is all over the shit."

"You're acting like a child. Like this can just go away, but it's never that simple."

"I know it's not, but you should know that everything is everything."

"So that's all, everything is everything?"

"I can't explain it any other way, I just need you to trust me."

He leaned in for a kiss, and I pressed my lips against his before crying.

"Stop acting like a baby, girl." He smirked, wiping my tears away.

"What about the girls and Casey?"

"I put money up, already."

"I'm not talking about money."

"Shit, I'll still be around. I won't won't stop being a father."

"What about me?"

"I'll be selfish if I asked you to wait."

His words broke my heart as I turned away.

"But, that's not gone happen, aight?"

I nodded my head agreeingly, before locking my fingers between his. "I just want to home, Marcus."

    Kaidyn

"So, I guess you're expecting me to be your ride or die chick."

"What?" Daniel scrunched his face, struggling to hold back a laugh.

"You know, your down bitch.. Bonnie and Clyde. I've watched movies...I know how this works."

He covered his face, and his shoulders began to bounce as he laughed. "Na, I'm good,  Kaidyn."