Tsunami Warning

An immense roaring reverberates throughout the large building, forcing you to either cover your ears or become deaf. At this moment Tails is rolling his new creation, the Tsunami, out of the workshop and onto the runway for future takeoff. Sonic is guiding the plane outside, making sure that it is not tall enough to where it cannot fit through the garage door. He has muffs over his small hedgehog ears to protect himself from the deafening noise. Why do machines have to be so loud? you inwardly complain, gritting your teeth in discomfort. 

        Foot by foot the dark blue plane eventually rolls its way out of the stuffy workshop and into the fresh, clean air. You follow right beside—of course, not too close. The noise dies down when the Tsunami comes to a stop, now just a rough puttering leaving it while in park-mode. Sonic and you uncover your ears and loiter near the nose of the plane.

        "Okay, guys, I definitely think this baby's ready to fly!" an excited voice blares through the plane intercom. "I've unlocked the side doors, so hop in anytime." As Tails says this, an oval door slides open and a long staircase drops to the ground. A big grin on his face, Sonic strides to the staircase and grabs hold of the railing. You don't move, however. Instead you slightly back away. When Sonic turns around to face you, he sees your conflicted expression.

        "What's wrong? Aren't ya coming for the ride?" From the hedgehog's tone, you can already tell that he is concerned. Forcing a closed-mouth smile to your face, you shake your head in good nature.

        "Nah, that's okay," you say with a slight wave. "I feel like I've been flying around too much. And honestly, I hate it." Sonic raises an eyebrow at your excuse. Then a devious smile stretches on his lips.

        "You're a scaredy-cat," he says matter-of-factly. Instantly, your forced expression disappears to reveal more true emotions. I am not a scaredy-cat, you growl. I'm just tired of flying! "Oh, it's fine, (y/a). There ain't nothin' wrong with being scared of...air. Well, see ya once we get back." With that, the blue hedgehog turns around and climbs the steps, entering the plane with very much sass aimed your way.

        "Ugh, you just have to make it into a competition," you mutter under your breath. Glaring at the retreating hedgehog, you wait until he disappears through the doorway before heading up the stairs yourself. It seems you will tag along for the test ride just to prove to Sonic that you are no scaredy-cat. 

        Once inside the plane, you stop and look around. This machine is very similar to any other plane used for travel. There is a long aisle running through the middle, with cushiony black seats lining it. The air smells of a mix of fresh paint and unfamiliar materials. Most likely the glues and metallic objects used to hold the plane together.

        After satisfied with your looksee, you carefully make your way down the aisle and slip into a seat behind the co-pilot, who, of course, is Sonic. You hum in appreciation at the feel of the velvet seats, constantly brushing your palm over the fabric. Sonic turns around in his seat to give you a knowing smirk, before turning back to his controls. "We ready, Tails?" he asks the pilot. The orange fox nods and presses a few of the many buttons displayed on his dashboard.

        "Alright, passengers, we will soon be ready for takeoff. But first, you need to be tightly buckled in." Tails speaks into the microphone and pointedly looks at you. Quick as lightning, you grab at the two seatbelt halves and click them together over your waist. With a thumb up, Tails returns to his post and flicks a tiny switch on the roof. "And off we go! The first test-fly of the Tsunami!" He squeals in delight as the plane begins to move, receiving an amused glance from his co-pilot. The ground is soon whisking by faster and faster, the ocean ahead approaching nearer and nearer. Just before the plane runs out of runway, it leaps into the sky. "It's working, Sonic! Our first obstacle has passed! Now to see how high we can go."