Delicious Cookies!

The front door opens and shuts with a loud slam, causing the entire (f/c)-wood structure to tremble from the force. Sonic accompanies you inside to make sure that you are alright. After leaving the wild (f/a) in the forest, you had seemed a bit down. What he doesn't know, however, is that you have grown an unusual hunger for...sweets. Hence the door slamming. You need sugar.

        Not a word is said as you scuttle into the kitchen and rip all the cabinet doors open. The blue hedgehog stands off in the corner, more than a little frightened at the sugar-wanting frenzy you are in. Ah! Here they are... You reach far in the back of a cabinet and pull out a bag of flour, sugar, and a box of baking soda. They are set on an empty counter and you set out for more ingredients.

        "Uh, what're you up to?" Sonic asks, scratching his quills in confusion. You don't say anything. Instead you race across the kitchen, almost knocking your friend down, and snatch a book from a small shelf. "Ah!" exclaims Sonic as you flip the book open to a chocolate chip cookie recipe. He smirks and laughs, now understanding why you are so jumpy all of a sudden. "Guess I made you into a ravenous sugar monster," he jokes while opening the refrigerator.

        While you retrieve a mixing bowl from a high cupboard, Sonic pulls out butter and eggs. The two of you gather the rest of the ingredients listed on the recipe, and then set it all out along the counters. Together the cookie dough is mixed and chocolate chips are added. You spoon it into small balls on top of a metal tray and set it into the preheated oven to bake. For a minute you just hover around the oven, willing for the cookies to bake instantly. A warm hand is placed on your back as your (e/c) eyes stare unblinkingly.

        "Heh, patience is key my frien—oh shoot! I forgot to call Tails!" The hand is removed and you watch as Sonic fumbles with his watch-radio. He presses a button and static noise comes out of the contraption on your own wrist. "Hey there Tails!" Sonic's voice comes out of it. A young boy immediately replies.

        "Hi Sonic, what's taking you so long?"

        "I'm gonna be a little late gettin' back... We're makin' cookies at the moment," the hedgehog turns to give you a knowing wink. Wait! Was that supposed to mean something? you contemplate worriedly.

        Sonic snickers at your lost expression and turns off the radio after Tails says, "Have fun! Don't forget to bring us a couple." A large yawn leaves the hedgehog and he stretches, checking up at the time.

        "Boy it's getting pretty late... Can't believe you actually wanna eat cookies at this time." Giving a shrug you twist around to the counter and lift the mixing bowl, carrying it to the dining table with the mixing spoon still inside. While the chocolate chip cookies are baking, you will scrape out and eat the delicious leftover dough! Sonic scrunches up his face in slight disgust. "You're going to get salmonella, ya know?" He shakes his head in disappointment as you lick the dough-covered spoon, before slinking away to the living room to watch TV.

        Hah! Salmonella. You roll your eyes and begin to scrape the bowl. I've done this so many times as a kid... Never once did I get sick! Perhaps your strong immune system helps as well with being rid of the serious infection. You smile at the thought and crunch on a chocolate chip. Slurping cookie dough really brings you back to the past, when you used to help Mama around the kitchen. She made the best cookies, even if they did come from a recipe book. Once you had attempted to bake the same recipe when she wasn't around, to try and surprise her, but the result was a batch of pitch-black sugar lumps.

        The mixing spoon goes in your mouth again and you notice that this time it arrives empty. Looking down you see that the bowl is completely clean. With a frown you get up from the table and drop the mixing bowl into the sink. Maybe one day you will make a whole gallon of cookie dough...just for eating! Salmoneeeelllaaa, Sonic's worried voice seems to echo in the back of your mind. You tell the imaginary hedgehog, Whatever, and start to walk to the living room to join the real one.

        Before you leave a flashing movement catches in the corner of your eye. Turning your head, you find yourself facing the dining room windows. Your head tilts to the side as you approach the large windows. The glare of the indoor light makes it almost impossible to see anything outside the window, so you have to put your hands up to the glass and peek through. Scanning around you come to the conclusion that it was just some long grass blowing in the wind, pretty much hidden in the forest growing behind the house. Or...Did that (f/a) follow us? This thought causes you to become excited a little.

        Beep! Beep! The oven timer! The (f/a) forgotten, you sprint to the oven and tug its door open, reveling at the lovely heat blowing out. Footsteps beside you tell that Sonic has entered the kitchen as well, eagerly waiting for the cookies to be taken out. Drooling just a little, you slip on two (f/c) oven mitts and grab the metal tray from the oven.

        "Sonic, could you please clear the counter?" you ask, eyeing the many ingredients still scattered about.

        The boy shouts, "In a split!" and becomes a blue blur, placing all the bags, boxes, and garbage in their rightful places. Nodding your thanks you haul the cookie tray to the counter and set it down, afterwards throwing off the mitts since the heat had gone right through them. Owch, owch, owch! Quickly you turn on the sink and hold your hands under freezing water.

        "You alright?" Sonic is beside you, inspecting your slightly burnt fingers.

        "I'm fine," you state. "Have a cookie." The hedgehog licks his lips and stands over the chocolate chip cookies, wondering which he should choose first. Oh brother. After drying off your hands you hop beside your friend and seize the largest cookie from the tray.

        "Hey!" you hear Sonic's high-pitched squeal. "I was gonna choose that one!"

        "Yeah right," you mutter. The large cookie is held in front of your face. Your nostrils flare at the delicious scent and you go cross-eyed. "Mmm..." you mumble aloud.

        You can hardly remember the last time that you had eaten a cookie. It was at least 6 months ago! Can't wait anymore! Opening your mouth wide, you are just about to stuff in the entire cookie, when suddenly a blue and tan face pops in front of you and beats you to it.

        "Hmmf hmm mm!" Sonic crunches, pieces of cookie falling from his mouth and to the wooden floor. He gives you a mocking thumbs up and swallows, smirking wickedly at your dumbfounded expression.

        (E/c) eyes growing to an enormous size, you open your mouth and bellow, "SONIC!!!" Throwing the half-eaten cookie to the side, you tackle the boy to the floor and press your foot on his back. Sonic whines and flails his arms around.

        "I'm sorry! S-Sorry! I won't eat anymore! YOU CAN HAVE THE REST, JUST DON'T EAT ME."

        Fine. You grunt angrily and get off the hedgehog. That was the biggest cookie... Narrowing your eyes, you approach the tray and take a new chocolate chip cookie, straightaway biting into it before Sonic can try another trick.