Trapped

Back in the strange tunnel again.

        The multitude of existing and inexistent colors flow around and around, making you dizzy. You feel pain as well. Shadow the Hedgehog is still gripping you by the jaw; however his eyes are closed and concentrated. With panic you see Cream within this vortex as well. She had been on Shadow's back, but as you entered the tunnel she rolled off from the dizzying sight. You gasp and reach for her with abnormal speed, grabbing onto her arm before she could be left behind. Somehow you just know that anybody not making contact with the one who teleports will be lost forever in this bizarre vortex.

        A moment after your hand makes contact with Cream's skin you fall to a cold, wooden floor. Focusing your sight, you scan the area you have arrived in, seeing that you are back in Shadow's cabin. It looks a little different from before. Instead of the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald in the middle of the room, there is only a large, old couch facing the fireplace.

        While you are distracted Shadow tears the watch-radio from your wrist and smashes it under his heavy shoe. "You won't be needing that," he gruffly states as you stare up at him in shock. Beside you, the young rabbit girl begins to cry, and you see the black hedgehog's anger rise. "Hmph. Now I'll have to be rid of this foolish brat."

        "No!" You swiftly crawl to your knees and hold Cream from behind in a protective embrace.

        Crimson eyes roll in their sockets as the raspy voice replies, "Fine, I guess you can keep her. I don't have time to return stowaway children, anyway. I have another Chaos Emerald to find." Shadow then snarls with a mock salute, "I look forward to seeing you later." The dark hedgehog holds out his emerald and you shield your eyes as he leaves in a bright, red flash.

        Cream nestles her face into your warm shoulder, uttering small whimpers as tears fall. "I-I want to go home... I want Mommy and Cheese!"

        Holding her closely, your eyes well up with sadness as well. "I'm so sorry Cream. I must be the worst babysitter ever," you mutter with your head hanging low. 

        With a sniff the rabbit pulls from your shoulder and gazes at you through big, brown eyes. She whispers, truthfully, that none of this is your fault.

        But it is all my fault, you sadly think. You sigh and then shiver as the coolness of the room finally reaches through your fur. Looking out one of the two windows in this cabin, you can see a blizzard raging about. It must always be storming here. Cream's body rocks against you as she shivers. You growl to yourself, This place is as cold as Shadow's cold heart.

        "(Y/n)?" Your ear twitches at the voice and you look down to see Cream with pleading eyes. "C-C-Could you p-please make a f-fire?" she chatters.

        Eyes wide, you regard the gaping, black fireplace with irrational fear. You turn back to the girl, shaking your head. "There might be a blanket around here somewhere," you suggest, pulling yourself and Cream to your feet.

        The two of you hold each other closely as you slowly make your way to the back of the small cabin. Once reaching there, you can see three doors set into the walls. Upon searching you discover a dirty bathroom with nonfunctioning appliances, the storage room that you had been locked in the last time you had been at the cabin, and a room that is entirely empty except for a thick hammock suspended in the air. No blankets are found, not even in the storage room. Though, you do take down the hammock to use as a substitute. It doesn't look very warm at all since there are wide gaps in-between the fabric, but it will have to suffice.

        When the hammock is in your hands, you and Cream sprint to the main room and leap onto the couch, instantly becoming wrapped within the thick fabric. The two of you then press against one another, keeping as much heat in as possible. I hope Sonic and Tails find us. You are grateful that you had told them about Shadow's cabin in the cold climate. Perhaps they will know where to look, and possibly find you. With growing sadness you imagine how the boys and Vanilla will feel once they find that you and Cream have disappeared.
Panic suddenly fills you.

        What if they don't suspect Shadow? What if they think that Cream and I are still in Emerald Town?! A groan leaves your throat and you drop your head into your hands. You instantly jerk up, wincing in pain, and you tenderly touch your cracked jawbone. Stupid Shadow, you curse the hedgehog with all your being. Cream notices your discomfort and cuddles even closer, resting her chin comfortably on your shoulder.

        "My mommy would know how to fix your jaw," she quietly states. "When we get back we can take care of you until you get all better!" You aim a closed-mouth smile at her, glad that she is keeping her spirits up. Sadly, you aren't too optimistic about returning home.

        Hours pass and you are still curled on the couch with the little rabbit girl. Neither of you had moved an inch, that is, until both of your stomachs growl simultaneously. In silent agreement, you and Cream push off the couch, still wrapped together in the hammock. You then slowly stumble to what appears to be a kitchen, but without the appliances. There are only dusty cabinets lining the walls and floor. Moving as one, each cabinet and cupboard is thoroughly searched. In one of the cabinets you had spotted some beef jerky, but you warned Cream to avoid it, still worried about the incident from last time. Opening a cupboard you find something else worrying as well; many containers of suspicious pills and liquids.

        Oh Chaos, the drugs! You gather everything in your arms as Cream keeps the hammock from slipping off. She has a quizzical look as you frantically whip your head around, (e/c) eyes darting back and forth for a place to hide the "medicines." Luckily she doesn't question your actions as you crouch down and push the containers to the far back of a lower cabinet, hiding it behind some worthless junk. The thought of how Shadow would react if he found out is instantly dismissed. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

        With the drugs out of the way, you return to a cupboard where you had found multiple cans of fruit. The black and red striped hedgehog doesn't seem to be one who eats syrupy fruit, so you believe he won't mind if a (y/a) and rabbit consume a couple cans. You hand Cream a can of sliced peaches and grab a can of mandarins for yourself. The two of you quickly return to the couch to devour the meal.

        Night slowly arrives, not as if there was much difference from daytime anyway, since the blizzard seems to block out most of the light, creating a dreary atmosphere 24/7. You sigh and fiddle with your thumbs. A few minutes ago Cream had fallen into a deep sleep, despite the current situation. You, however, are frightened to spend the night in this strange cabin. You sweat beneath the thick hammock, not from the heat, but from the nervous feelings that come with every bump or whistle of the wind. After running through multiple scenarios of being murdered in your sleep within your head, you eventually drift off and slump against Cream's tiny figure.