Ryder jumped on top of me as we both fell back on the stage. My head hurt from hitting the floor. The spot where Ryder stood, there lay a broken stage light.

It could've killed him. He could've died. These words kept repeating in my head. People rushed towards us to help us.

Andrea was the first one by my side. I was surprised to see Mike. He showed up after all. His face was full of concern.

"What the hell happened? Are you okay?" Andrea said.

I kept saying 'I'm okay'. But I wasn't.  It was like I was trying to make myself believe that I was okay.

Ryder came to me. He tried to hold me but I evaded his touch. They had to stop today's events. The results would be announced tomorrow.

I left the school. I ran towards the parking lot, desperate to get home. Ryder ran after me. He caught up to me and garbbed my arm swinging me around.

"Rose. What's wrong?" Ryder said.

"Everything. I can't put you in more danger. This was all a mistake. I'm sorry Ryder. But I can't let you die." I said, wiping tears from my eyes.

"No no no. Hailee please look at me. It's okay I'm not gonna die. Please don't do this. We'll be okay. I promise." He grabbed my face in his hands.

"Don't make a promise that you can't keep. It's for the best Ryder." I said, as I stepped away from him getting in my car. I saw his face contorted in hurt and pain. And it made me feel devastated that I was the cause of this pain.

Everything inside me once again broke as I sped away in my car. When I reached home, I ran towards my room and cried.

I cried and cried until there were no more tears left. I cried until I could no longer breath. I cried until I could no longer feel.

Feeling pain is normal. But it's the numbness after the pain which is scary. That numbness either means you've given up or you're trying to fight the pain.

In my case, I've given up. I could no longer feel. I didn't want to feel. I wiped my swollen eyes. I switched on my phone to see many messages from Luke.

None from Ryder. Maybe he has given up too. I don't blame him. I was a fucked up person. I ruined him too.

The bell rang. A few minutes later a knock was on my door. I didn't say anything. Luke appeared at the door. I looked away from him. He walked inside and closed the door.

"I heard what happened. I also saw what happened in the parking lot. You're a complete idiot you know that?" Luke said, as he sat down on my bed.

"You know nothing." I said.

"I think I do. I've been threatened too. A lot of times. I don't who is your personal stalker but man whoever it is. It's a psycho." I was shocked at his words.

"How do you know?" I said.

"Because when you were with Landon, I used to get messages telling me to break you two apart or one if them dies. I never took it seriously. I should've." Luke said.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I said, shocked to hear this information.

"I hated you remember?" He said, smiling.

"You just said you were stupid to not take it seriously. Then why are you telling me not to take it seriously. It's not like me and Ryder were gonna last. I feel too much for him. He doesn't." I said, my eyes filling with tears.

"Seriously Hails, how idiotic you could possibly be?" Luke said, sighing. An annoyed expression on his face.

"Can't you see Hails? He is head over heels for you. I can see that you are madly in love with him. But how can you not see that he is just as madly in love with you? That dude was fucking crippled but he still ran after you. He made you happy. He made you laugh. He turned your whole world upside down. He made you do one thing your swore to never do. Sing. He changed your whole life. And FRIENDS do not care enough to do that. If that's not Love, Hails. Then I don't know what it is." Luke said, breathing heavily.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. All I did was think.

"But he'll die if I go near him." I said, tears falling.

"Then let him die. At least you won't regret never being with him. He'll die when his time will come. And I don't think now is his time." Luke said, standing up and leaving me alone.

I was surrounded with unknown darkness. I couldn't see anything. I didn't know what to do. My mind was going crazy. Then I saw Ryder's face in my mind. Everything seemed to brighten up.

In this never ending darkness around me, he was my light.

And I'll be damned if I let go of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo did you like it?? If you did, you know the drill.

Also people it's your girl's birthday❤❤ So do something for me will ya? Share my story as much as you can❤❤ I love you all❤

I'm so proud of my Hailee😂😭❤ Also the Troy and Gabriella feels😭😭❤❤

Question of the day!!

Vanessa Hudgens or Nina Dobrev??

I'll go with Nina❤😍

Leave your answers in the comments❤

Until next time.

M.K 💖