chapter 3: The start of something new

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with... " the grown man paused, looking at his surroundings.

"C.. "

I huffed. I didn't want to play this stupid game. I wanted to know where they were taking me. It's been 7 hours, they haven't told me anything besides they are trying to take me to a 'better place'.

"Car... " my voice didn't sound excited. It sounded dull.

"Yep! Good job y/n!"

"I don't want to play this game any more, I want to know where you are taking me! "

The man in a quite formal uniform didn't take his eyes of the road. He didn't say anything for a solid minute.

"Your father had a brother... another pro hero. Yet He's very confined to himself, he doesn't like media."

(Okay not Aizawa... )

'Brother? My dad? '

"So since this is the last relative you presume to have. We are taking you to him. " His voice seemed so sad...

I couldn't help but cry. Last relative i have left... I looked out the window, white fluffy clouds scattered the baby blue sky. I never knew that a 4 year old could cry this much.

Time skip

"Sign here... and here. "
The formal man handed a clipboard to this man I have never seen before. He wasnt muscular like my dad, my dads quirk needed a muscular body. His quirk was lightning storm so, he needed to learn how to control high voltage lightning.

His eyes were a soft brown, his hair was a raven black, nothing like my daddy. My daddy had light brown hair and blue, electric eyes. Is he really my uncle?

"This is your new home Y/n, and this man, he's your uncle. "

He seemed young, younger than dad that's for sure.

The unknown man gave me a reassuring smile has he held out his hand. What else was I suppose to do? Not grab his hand? Hes my last family member. I grabbed my dress tightly and reached my hand out. Grabbing his dirtied hand.

"Hey short cake... you can call me Hikaru"

( there's a meaning behind his name OOOOHHH! )

"It's Y/n... Nice to meet you" I said shyly. His aura seemed so reassuring, I feel like I didn't need to cry.

"Oh no need for the formalities! Just act like your self!" he exclaimed giving a slight chuckle.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do, until a long, loud growl left my stomach.

"Oh... you hungry short cake? "

"Uhmmmm yeah... I haven't eaten much since yesterday. "

The man in the black uniform walked up to Hikaru. And whispered stuff that even I was able to hear.

"She hasn't eaten for over 24 hours."

Hikaru nodded while thinking about something.

"Your dad tells me your quite the fan of curry?"

Curry? My eyes bolted up to his.

"Oooh? Do I get your attention? Well I have some on the table. Go dig in. "

With out hesitation I ran inside. It wasn't a massive house, a two bedroom house was all he really needed. This is where I'll be living for a while.

Time skip to 8pm-ish

It's about 8pm at the moment, I'm just wondering the house, staring at all the photo frames hung on the walls. It started to get darker and all the lights seemed to dim. Everything was turning pitch black. I hate the dark. I hate the dark. I hate the dark!

"WOAH! Woahh... Calm down shortcake! Your giving of light there! "

I turned to face his direction.

I looked at the palms of my hands to see a bright light emitting from them. I looked at the light in amazement. I'm not quirkless!

"They told me that you didn't have a quirk? What a coincidence."

He held out his hand. Showing a black shadow that he emmited from his hands. He gently started swirling his hands making images like stars and an elephant that danced in the light.

I looked down at my hands and saw the opposite colour. It was a soothing yellowish colour.

Yet all of a sudden. The light was gone.

"What was that? "

"That... was light manipulation shortcake. "

Time skip 5 months

"Let's go Y/n, sun is rising! "

I growled.. I just turned 5 and he's already training me. Well, thanks to him, I can make star images! It took me 3 months to get here.

I promised myself I want to get strong like my Mum and Dad. Once I become a pro hero I will make them proud!

My training has begun today.. And this is the start of something new.

A/n! Okay so I purposely named your uncle Hikaru due to it meaning "shining light" anyway his quirk is kind of similar to yours but the difference is that he manipulates the shadows. You manipulate the light. Also if you didn't understand your dad had electricity and your mum, I didn't mention, had a glow in the dark quirk. Not a great quirk but that's where your light comes from really.