it's tuesday || chaelisa

When she tells Joy about her past with Lisa, the other girl isn't even fazed. She's fine with them being friends, too. Lisa's talked to some guys here and there, but nothing has ever gotten very serious for her. But she's trying, so she starts talking to Chaeyoung more. They have their own, separate love lives now, so it shouldn't be weird between them anymore. And for a while, it isn't.

-

Park Chaeyoung is seventeen when she realizes that the most monumental moments in her life seem to always happen on Tuesdays. It started when she was younger, it was things like losing her first tooth, getting her braces on, then getting her braces removed, and winning her first softball tournament. It was just little things.

Until Chaeyoung got older and the tradition continued, except the events that happened on that day of the week got significantly more important.

...

Lauren tried out for YG Entertainment on a Tuesday. She kissed Lalisa Manoban for the first time on a Tuesday. Blackpink got to debut on a Tuesday.

All of those things would be incredible if they had happened independently, just once, but when you throw them all together, things get a little tricky. That's what Chaeyoung learned very quickly once she realized that she was going to be professionally tied to Lisa for, well, a long time.

It's not like things had gotten serious between them yet. Hell, they had only kissed a handful of times when they got the news that they were going to debut. It wasn't like Lisa was her girlfriend. They were just...really close. The most logical thing for them to do was forget any of this kissing business, to just contribute it to raging teenage hormones, and go back to being best friends. Normal, platonic, best friends. At least that's what Chaeyoung said to Lisa, that's what Chaeyoung said when she pretended that it didn't really matter to her, when she pretended that deep down this wasn't going to absolutely kill her.

Lisa took it pretty well. She understood that this was their dream and that putting any added strain to their professional relationship was just asking for trouble, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. Lisa didn't cut Chaeyoung out completely, but she sure kept her distance. After that, Lisa and Chaeyoung were friendly, but could hardly even consider themselves true friends anymore. They still knew most of the details of each other's lives, but that was only because the group was constantly together, so they would overhear the other talking to Jisoo or Jennie frequently. They hardly ever directly addressed each other.

Shit happens, Chaeyoung would tell herself, it's not the end of the world.

...

Almost a year later, Chaeyoung meets Joy on a Tuesday.

They click instantly, and although they still have to keep their relationship on the down low, Chaeyoung doesn't hide the fact that they are dating around any of the other girls or management. Joy likes everything Chaeyoung likes, she dresses how Chaeyoung dresses, so Chaeyoung thinks they're probably perfect for each other.

When she tells Joy about her past with Lisa, the other girl isn't even fazed. She's fine with them being friends, too. Chaeyoung likes that about her, she doesn't seem to ever see anyone else as a threat. It makes things easy.

Lisa's talked to some guys here and there, but nothing has ever gotten very serious for her. But she's trying, so she starts talking to Chaeyoung more. They have their own, separate love lives now, so it shouldn't be weird between them anymore. And for a while, it isn't.

...

When the band flies to Australia, they land on February 14th, around three o'clock in the afternoon, which makes it nine o'clock at night back in the states. Chaeyoung promised Joy that she would Skype her as soon as they get to the hotel since they don't have any appearances until tomorrow, you know, with it being Valentines Day and all. Chaeyoung's bag barely hits the floor in the room she's sharing with Jisoo when suddenly Lisa appears at the door, and Chaeyoung can already tell she's on a mission.