Chapter 2

This Is Home | CaveTown
-------------------
"Get A Load Of This Train-Wreck,
His Hair's A Mess And He Doesn't Know Who He Is Yet."
-------------------

I knock on Mathew's door and sighed. I seriously don't want to do this and I know I'm two hours late but something happened, and you do not want to know. My thoughts got cut off by the door opening and his annoying voice.

"Cupcake, your two hours late!"I sighed and his eyes widen.

Him and his fucking nickname. Great, I'm getting my bad attitude back. He really has to say that annoying nickname. It was once said by someone I used to love, but that was turned into a monster.

Well look it here, he's wearing SpongeBob PJ's. Spongebob! His hair was very messy and looking like he just got out of bed, and he does look kinda cute. Sally enough!

God, you're getting gross already just the second you hang out with him. Actually, only a few minutes this entire day since I have never talked to him at all. Get over yourself.

He pointed at me with a glare. "Don't tell anyone about this!"

I scoffed and just rolled my eyes like he was joking. Why is he my tutor when he's really stupid? Did it really even have to be this guy? I could just go and sleep at the park bench or be at home before my parents could catch me. You wouldn't understand.

"Like anyone would care to listen to me,"I said as he lifts his eyebrow up leaning on the door.

"And I thought I was late,"He told himself quietly for me not to hear but I did because my ears are like cat ears. I can hear everything even through my loud music. I was allowed into his home the second he said that.

I get what he means, he literally comes to school late and classes late. Which means he's tardy a lot, always has excuses every single time! I frowned and noticed something. He's in all my freaking classes. How could I forget that? Oh right, I don't care.

"How come you're late?"He asked me as I looked at his amazing place that I couldn't even pay attention or say anything at all.

Amazing beige walls, gold or hash brown furniture. This big chandelier. That lights up almost the whole house. With its glistening diamond lights. The house itself was big including the two stairs on each side. Am I in a movie?

"I...i just had a few problems, I don't want to talk about it,"I said as he nods putting his hands in his pockets.

"How about that tutor? Follow me."I nod and follow him upstairs the pearl white floor to his room.

His room was just aesthetic, white walls, white bed with black covers, a silver marble desk with a black gaming chair, on the wall back of his bed was black. Silver lamps and black shelves. This kid even has a mini-fridge in his room that was colored white and a closet room with a bathroom connected on different sides.

"So let's start with math,"He said holding out my book from my backpack he just took.

How did he even take that out of my backpack, it was closed. I didn't even notice him touching around my bubble. He's too close that made me flinch a little. I hope he didn't notice that.

"Okay?"

I was confused. Why is he helping? Why isn't he looking at me like that? I just don't get it. "Like what you see?"

I would rather throw up and jump off a roof, but then if I survive, I would throw up again. Maybe even throw myself into one of those dumpsters? Who knows?

"No, now what are you doing next? Besides trying to act cocky."He sat on his desk chair and smirked as he spins his chair as he spins his pencil. He played around then stopped pointing at a math page.

"Why x and y never figured out why they couldn't find each other?"I rolled my eyes as he just had that ugly smirk of his.

Like I would know why? Maybe X was just too stupid enough to find Y and he was just too lost to think about Y! I started on the work. Why is this even around? Like, am I going to use this to calculate how to jump.

Wait maybe.

Does this even help with how to make perfect spicy chicken wings? No, not really, but how to stitch could make it help. Right?

I hear someone clear his throat and put a water glass on the desk with a plate of lasagna. Lasagna? I've never tried it, besides the school's food is way worse than you think. They have the worst stuff sometimes. Why am I talking about school? That is just disgusting.

"You get this but why are you failing?"He asked as he leaned in his desk as I gulped feeling warm feeling around me.

Why am I failing? Well, you see here, I do study, well sometimes. It's just that my life has been dead so as my lonely dark soul. That's why and yes depression sucks.

I saw him snapping his fingers in front of my face frowning as he watched me as I blink really quickly. "Hello?"

I move his hand away and look at him in anger. I just looked back away and looked at the book really noticing I finished them.

"I mean you found out three ways to solve them and instead of me teaching you, you taught me."I looked at the pencil spinning it around with my fingers.

"And I thought you weren't a nerd."I just can't take more insults or anything anymore.

I stood up and looked at him while he just stared confused, "Well if we are done, I can go home."

"It's 9 pm, are you sure?"I put everything back in my bag and looked at him emotionless then nodded.

"I'm fine, just worry about yourself,"I said walking out of his room. I ran down the stairs and looked at the door.

I walk to the door and heard a clear of a throat. That was really deep and different from that annoying kid. I turn to see a man staring at me up and down.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"He told me angrily as if I robbing the place. Please, I would rather steal a book.

I stare at him confused. Is he drunk? Is he just worried about me or his son? That's so weird he even looks like him. It must be his father.

"He...uh..."I gulped holding my hands and holding myself from the cold since the door was open.

It was really dark outside, even cold. Like the weather hit me like a truck before I even knew it. I wish a truck could hit me though, that would be amazing.

"I was tutoring her some math."I looked up to see Mathew leaning by the wall clearly annoyed.

"I have to go, Thank you, Mathew, Good night."I turned and walked to the door to close it.

I walked to the bus stop and waited again. I saw the bus come around and I stood up when it stopped in front of me. I saw the driver Carl looking at me. He's still working this late at night?

"Hello, Carl,"I said as he smiled saying my name when I got in the bus feeling the warm air make me feel less tense.

I swipe my card and went to sit in the far back. There was barely anyone, just one old lady. It was dark and cold. I put my earphones in and listen to music.

As I put my hoodie on and my hands in my pocket. Seeing how the rain started pouring again. Thank god it wasn't raining while I was waiting for the bus. I just hope it continues and no one was home since I remember my parents are on a night trip today, so I can rest while I'm this beautiful weather.

I put my head on the window and felt the biggest headache of my life. Yet worried about getting home in the rain before I could catch a cold.

Edited: 12/01/2019