Mistakes

Wally's POV

We arrived back at the cave remotely silent. All in our own little world. I could feel both Artemis and Robin glance at me every few seconds. Batman was waiting for us in the debriefing room, "the mission was a fail," Aqualad simply stated. I zoned him out, thinking back to what occurred. I didn't notice that someone was saying my name until they were right next to my ear. "Wally!" Robin yelled, "huh, wha-," I said, "she threw something at you." He stated more than asked, "do you still have it?" I looked around and noticed everyone staring, I held in a sigh. Gripping the emblem in my hand I simply raised my hand and placed it in Batman's awaiting one. Batman took one look at the emblem and declared, "this is no longer your mission." There was a major uproar, "what!? Why!?" Robin exclaimed, "you guys aren't ready for this enemy." Batman stated, using is famous batglare for anyone who disagreed. Robin, of course was immune, "what do you mean 'not ready,'" he shouted, "when have we not been ready!? I thought saving Superboy from Cadmus was proof enough that we are ready!" "Rob, why don't we just listen to Batman this time." I said, hoping he would stop, but it turned out to be my big mistake. "What is with you!?" He yelled, turning on me. "You know something, don't you!? You're keeping secrets and it didn't start until she showed up!" I didn't know what to do, everyone was staring at me accusingly. "Yea Baywatch, what was up with the 'it's all my fault' deal anyway? You acted as if you knew her." Artemis accused, crossing her arms and glaring daggers into my soul. "Who are we dealing with Batman?" Aqualad asked effectively changing the subject, for now at least.

Batman walked over to the computer, typing something in. After awhile Slade's profile appeared, but there was very little information on there. "His name is Slade Wilson a.k.a Deathstroke. He is a ruthless mercenary. He only kills when there is something valuable at stake, or for him, but for the most part he does it for free. For fun. He's dangerous and won't hesitate to kill all of you. The fact that he actually showed himself is one thing, but with a partner is another. He's trying to send a message, but to who and of what I don't know.

I chance a glance at the team, M'gann looks concerned, both Aqualad and Conner are neutral, but it's Artemis and Robin's face that got me, it was righteous fury. They still think they can take him on, but they can't, I should know. "You will not proceed with this mission, understood?" Batman stated, not giving them a chance to respond before walking off. The moment he's gone everyone turns and faces me. Just by there faces they wanted answers, answers I can't give, but they wanted them NOW.

"What are you hiding?"
"My friend, if you know something, it would be wise to share with the team."
"We're a team, but yet you're keeping secrets!"
"Wally, you can tell us anything."
"I bet he's the mole!"
That's what did it, "I am NOT the mole! Especially for that monster! You all have your secrets and I have mine, so deal with it! And newsflash, I don't know anything, but Batman is right, you guys aren't ready." Mistake #1, "but you are,  Baywatch!?" Artemis screeched, "wha-no! You just never fought someone like this before," Mistake #2. "You obviously know something, Wally," Robin stated, glaring. "Just shut up!" I yelled, everyone was shocked by my outburst, but I didn't care, "you guys aren't listening! This guy is a mercenary, as in he kills! I will not have my team, my family, die. I will not fail again, just because you all won't listen!" Endgame.

"What do you mean 'again' Wally?" M'gann asked. I stood there dumbfounded by what I said. I looked around and noticed everyone staring with a mixture of anger, betrayal, and confusion. I suddenly felt like a caged animal. 'I have to get out of here,' I thought. "Nothing M'gann," I said, "I should get going, wouldn't want to worry the Flash some more." And with that I was gone with the wind. Not stopping until I got to a familiar place, Raven's home. I sighed and entered, walking to the room. I laid on the bed crying, slumber soon taking its hold on me. Before I fell asleep, I thought I saw a girls figure watching me. A girl with a Cheshire smile..