A New Foe

Dick's POV *present*

"Why would you do that!?" I yelled, Artemis had no right saying that. Artemis glared at me "What? He stopped eating, now we can finally have some food." "I don't know Artemis, Wally seemed pretty upset by your words." M'gann's concerned voice filled the room. "Upset? Upset!? Of course he was upset! You don't know how your words affected him. You don't know what he's been through!" I yelled. I couldn't help it, she hurt Wally many ways with her words. "What are you talking about?" Superboy asked. I stared, realizing what I said, "Wally's gonna have to explain.. That is if he wants to! Don't pressure him!" I replied glaring at all of them, "but Artemis, you need to apologise." "Yea, ok. I will," she said looking away. "Guys?" Asked Superboy, "where's Wally?" I instantly pulled up my holocomputer. It showed him in Central City at a place I've never seen before. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I've been there millions of times and not once had Wally showed me that place. "Found him." Was all I said before we were all piling in the bioship heading to Central.

Wally's POV

I woke up to an arrow sticking to my forehead? Not thinking, I jumped out of the tree. Jumping, swinging, flipping off of anything. I landed silently in a crouch with a dagger pointed straight at my team! We all just stared at one another, "where did you learn to do that!?" Artemis shrieked. "Learn what?" I laughed nervously, slowly getting out of my crouched position and scratching the base of my neck with my dagger. I stopped and slowly put it up, noticing how they all tensed up... Like I was about to attack them. I noticed it wasn't me they were looking at, but something behind me. I look behind me and noticed a black crow, no a raven! But this one was different, it had four beady red eyes.

It opened its mouth? Beak? I don't know, it talked and said four words that brought my world crashing to the ground, "the end is near. The. End. Is. Near. THE! END! IS! NEAR!" It repeated that phrase getting louder and louder. I noticed more coming saying the same thing. We grabbed our ears willing the pain to go away. One by one we dropped to our knees, but then it stopped.

I awoke with a start, hearing my name being called. I jerked and fell out of the tree, but before I could catch myself M'gann caught me first. She gently put me down, but all I could do was stare. 'how did they find me? Did I forget to put the tracer off?' I thought. As if sensing what I was thinking Robin said, "we tracked you with the tracer that was planted on you." 'Dang,' I thought. "So, why did you all come? Is there a mission?" I asked, " you could've just called me." "We-I came to apologise," Artemis stuttered. "Oh, you don't have to apologise Arty." I explained, "but it's ok if you feel that bad, but I'm pretty sure the team is making you do this." I finished smiling. She starts to stutter and goes to protest, but soon Aqualad's calm voice fills the air. "Team we have a mission. Batman needs us back at the mountain as soon as possible." We all head to the bioship, once inside everyone takes a seat. But before I sat down I went over to Artemis and whispered in her ear, "I forgive you Artemis." She looks over shocked about to say something, but I was done in my seat in my own little world. 'I have a bad feeling about this mission.' I thought.

Time Skip

"There is a break in taking place at Wayne's Industry." Batman started to explain, "this new villain seems to be a metahuman. She tried to destroy the cameras, but she missed one." Batman starts to pull up a video. At first we see nothing, but a black portal soon appeared and out stepped a girl in a purple cloak. We couldn't see her face, for it was covered. I recognized her immediately though, I feel regret and guilt overcome me. 'Why couldn't I save her?' 'I wasn't fast enough' 'It's all my fault.' These were the thoughts that ran through my head. I feel M'gann at the base of my mind, I instantly block her out. She looks shocked about the barrier I put up, I inwardly cringed. 'Gotta keep it on the down low with her,' I thought. I zoned back in at the last minute while Batman was finishing up. Once he left we all headed for the bioship preparing for what I was about to face who I was about to face.

Time Skip

We arrived 30 minutes later, but knowing who's inside they're probably done gone. We all entered the building. 'Link established. Everyone online?' M'gann asked
'Yes' Aqualad
'Yea' Artemis
*Grunts* Superboy
'Yea Miss M.' Robin
'You know it, babe' kid flash
We walked through many hallways, Robin done hacked the security so nothing would go off to alert the intruder. But like I said, knowing who we're dealing with probably done sensed us.

We arrived to the fifth floor where the weapon was. Apparently it was some nuclear bomb the government made that could destroy a whole city or two. But it had to be built with two similar pieces. Which was spread around other places. When we stepped through the door I was shocked to find her still there. "You know, you really do need better security," was all she said before taking her prize.

We instantly attacked, but I stayed behind. I was watching her, I was watching Rachel, or as I learned awhile ago Raven. She wore a full on purple cloak that went to her feet, her hair was much shorter from the last time I saw her, but instead of wearing the skin tight, black unitard, she wore the ever present Slade uniform (Kinda like the one Robin wore). 'It's all my fault.' I thought, forgetting about the mind link. 'Dude, what are you talking about?' Robin voiced everyone's thoughts. I snapped out of it responding with 'nothing' before running off into battle. I noticed that Rac-Raven  was almost always on the defense. 'She's holding back,' I realized. 'How do you know that, Baywatch?' Artemis asked. I cringe, realizing I need to keep my thoughts to myself. I decided to answer her, 'she's almost always on the defense, she's not trying to attack.' I stated.

'You are correct, Kid Flash. This fight is pointless. Stand down everyone.' Aqualad ordered. We all stopped fighting, I notice her tense up but she soon relaxes. "Who are you?" Aqualad asked. I didn't think she would answer, but to our surprise she did, "Raven." 'Another bird, how ironic,' Artemis thought. "Who do you work for?" Robin asked this time. She smiled, "figure it out for yourself." Was all she said before opening a portal and going through, but not before she threw something at my head. I caught it on reflex and looked at it... It was slade's symbol. I clutched it in my hand, 'it's all my fault.'