Heart Problem

“How come?”

“I don’t know. I can’t remember all the things that happened in my past life, there are just few details I can.” He frowned.

“That’s hard.”

“Yeah,” he answered and after that, awkward silence filled the air.

I cleared my throat and that caught his attention.

“Where do you live? I am going to drive you home,” he asked.

“143rd street, Evol Village.”

“A’right.” he replied and then he started the car engine.

Wait. Why did I allow him to drive me? What if he won’t really take me home? No, he said he loves me right? That means he won’t harm me.

My deep thoughts was disrupted when I felt that the car stopped. It seems like I was idling for a long time. I didn’t even notice that we already arrived.

I pushed the door and thank God, it wasn’t locked anymore. I was about to go out when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to him and raised my eyebrow.

“Think about what I said. You should marry me...before the due date.” After saying that he let go of my wrist.

I looked away from his intense gaze. I started walking towards our house.

“Really? Why is this happening to me? I have too much things to think about already.” I hissed then I kicked our door and it cracked open. The door isn’t locked? Mother always lock the door. I”m starting to feel worried. What is it this time? Did someone break into our house?

I tiptoed inside. Then I opened the drawer to get the baseball bat. If there’s really an intruder, I’ll hit his head very hard. How could he rob us? He should burgle those big houses, not our petty place. I’ll stay here in the corner so that, when he’s going to sneak out I will attack him and he won’t be able to block my a—

“Honey, what are you doing?” Mother asked as she enter the front door. She look exhausted.

“I thought someone broke into our house. The door wasn’t locked. You always make sure it is, right?” I said while I put down the baseball bat.” Right after I finished my sentence, mother started crying. Did I say something wrong?

“Mary collapsed at school. I rushed her to the hospital.” She said between sobs. “I didn’t even bother to fix myself neither lock the house. I was panicking.”

“What happened to Mary?” god, this is worse than being robbed.

“The doctor said that Mary has a heart problem. And her body is becoming weaker and weaker every seconds that pass.” She burst into tears. “A surgery must be done for her to survive.” She almost fell into her knees when I hugged her.
I let my mother sit on the stool then I unwrapped my arms around her. I have to do something. We need money for Mary’s operation.

“I’ll be back.” I said as I walked out the door.