Jerk

"Very good, Ms. Mendoza! It's so nice that you are my student. Keep that up!" Our math teacher said as he motioned me to take my sit. Well, this is my favorite subject after all.

"How I wish that all of you are good in  my subject as Ms. Mendoza is." Mr. Pacheco beamed at me.

"Kringgggg~"

The bell rang. It's lunch time. I guess I'll just go to the library since I haven't brought lunch with me.

The librarian greeted me as I enter the room.

"Ms. Mendoza, good thing you came here! I really need to comply with something important. Can you look after the students here, please?"

"Yeah, sure." I smiled.

"You're such a kind girl. Thank you so much!"

"No problem, Ms. Diño."

Ms. Diño doesn't need to thank me that much. There are only few students here. I was comfortably sitting until I heard someone slammed the door.

"Who the he..."

"Oh. Look who's here...Keyla the Nerd." He chuckled.

Just ignore that psycho, Key.

"You're mute now, Keyla?" He leaned towards me.

I arched my eyebrow. This jerk's really trying my patience, huh?

"What now?"

"I just want you to help me find a book." He handed me a piece of paper.

"Well..." Red Roses? Is he searching for a novel? A romance novel? Really....hmm

"Why are you making face? Fetch me the book now!"

"I'm not a slave here. I don't take orders." As if he would intimidate me with his look. No way.

"You're really tough."

"Yes I am."

"Just help me find the book."

I stepped out of my chair. We headed on Literature shelves.

"So you're into romantic novels." I tried to hide my grin.

"Of course not, Nerd."

"Well you have a good taste in novels."

"Are you teasing me?" He said but I ignored him and continued...

"The heroine in this story is really charming. No wonder you've chosen this book."

"Stop with that, you Nerd!"

"Judging by your book preference, I might conclude that you're fond of dauntless girls." God, he looks so funny right now.

"You know what? Forget it. You're really stupid." He turned his back from me.

"Well...that's a nice revenge." I quickly returned to my chair.

"Ms. Mendoza!" Ms. Diño hurriedly went to me.

"I'm sorry if I took so long to be back, Ms. Mendoza." She apologetically smiled.

"It's alright, Ms. Diño."

"I've brought you foods. Please accept this for doing me a favor."

"Ms. Diño, you do not really need to do this. What you asked me was so simple."

"I know you haven't eaten lunch yet. Please, Keyla?" She meaningfully looked at me.

"Thank you, Ms. Diño..."

"I know you don't wanna eat in the cafeteria. Just use the farthest reading table at the corner. I won't mind, Ms. Mendoza."

I quickly finished half of my meal. About the other half...I'll just give it to my siblings later. I'm sure they're starving, too.