chapter 1

His familiar face watched me with worry as dread seeped through his veins, the fear of losing me for good had made him desperate.

"Elizabeth, no... Please don't!" His mumbling had turned into full on yelling while he pleaded, "no Elizabeth, you will not leave me! I will not allow that!"

And then an immense pain shot through my spine, like I had been stabbed multiple times.

All of a sudden my eyes flashed open to stare at the same old white ceiling which had been cleaned now. I sat up rubbing my forehead which now had a frown etched on it.

Have you ever felt like you didn't know yourself though you have been in existence for almost two decades? Well, I felt like that at the moment and I knew exactly how the heroine of some stupid soap opera might be feeling if her life had been reality.

The scream of the woman from the other side of the building startled me but I knew it was nothing else except her frustration. Oracle. She was the only psycho around here that thought she ruled the world. It had been the same story every two hours, that imbecile b!tch of the pack who placed herself as the highest authority had the audacity to order people around. From what little I had learnt about this so called werewolf packs in these few days made me want to poke myself with a rusted spoon but Duke had confirmed that it wouldn't kill me. That was when I dropped the idea of stabbing myself just to feel the pain and not die out of it.

I concentrated to hear the chirp of the birds sitting on trees nearby, the giggles of children running in and around, the chatter of the women working in the kitchen. I missed everything so much, I wanted to feel the warmth of the sun while not getting burnt. I wanted to talk and laugh with others, getting to know their stories, only if they hadn't been so unwelcoming and shut-off. It was because of that that I had hardly gotten out ot this damn room. This dark, less dirty compared to the time I had woken up, damp smelling room which had become my refuge for these few days. The place where no one dared to enter, where I could hide away from my haters, even from myself.

The short knock on the door grabbed my attention and there stood Thies with a wrapped parcel. He needn't say me what it was, I could smell it right from here. Within a blink of an eye, I was standing before him making him jump away from me startled, "Argggh!"

His heartbeat was skyrocketing making me title my head to a side and regard him with amusement. "don't tell me, a big bad wolf was scared of a sweet little me," I smirked displaying my little fangs that I had yet to learn to hide.

"Stupid leeches and their light speed," Thies grumbled under his breath in annoyance before handing me the blood bottles. This close to blood, my thirst flared in my throat like I was wandering in a hot desert, in search of water.

Not waiting for anything else, I broke open the first bottle and started gulping down the red liquid.

"Urghh... Gross..," the next sound I hear from Thies is him barfing his stomach out on the other side of the hallway. The pungent smell of his half digested food hit my nose making it wrinkle. Now that was really gross. I zapped to the other side of the room, away from his trench and took out the second bottle. This time I opened it more humanly and started gulping down it's contents.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Thies looking at me disgusted, grumbling how much of a beast and insensitive I was. I chose to ignore his words and my ears automatically caught a familiar voice some hundred feet away from me. He was busy talking to the narcissistic female of the pack.

Sipping the last drop of the blood, I wiped my mouth from the back of my hand. I had to talk to Duke. The last we had talked was the day after I woke up and then he had left to tend to some Alpha duties, as he said. But now that I could hear his husky voice with my sensitive ears, I knew that he was back from wherever he had been.

"Can you ask Duke to meet me?" I asked out loud without turning to Thies who was still standing by the door.

His eyes glassed a bit just for a second before he replied, "Duke hasn't returned yet, it will take some more time before he decides to return."

I knew it at once that he was lying. I could hear and smell Duke in the vicinity, yet Thies lied to my face, even though his heartbeat went off rhythm just as he lied. And I saw him trying to decipher what was running in my head, scared that I knew he was lying.

I turned to face him, wanting to break his neck for keeping me away from my friend but then I knew my madness could be seen through my eyes as he visibly shivered under my gaze.

Giving him a big predatory smile, I replied, "ask him to meet me as soon as he returns."

He relaxed and tried to be discreet about it but I had seen it. With a curt nod after pulling the door shut, Thies scurrying away from the place. There was something going on, something that they were desperately trying to hide from me, something that made them lie to me very frequently, something that kept Duke out of this room for some time now. And I had to find out what they were hiding. And I had to find out what had happened with Rome.

___________________________________

Hey lovelies!

Starting with a short chapter, it's gonna turn out to be more interesting later on. Right now, what are your thoughts?

Why do think Thies lied?

What may be keeping Duke so busy?

Let me know what you think, and don't forget to check out my other stories! It would mean a world to me❤❤❤❤

Vote-share-comment

Love you all!

- Victoria ❤