Chapter 5

After dinner it was only 8:00 so we decided on watching some movies in the living room. There was an action movie marathon on channel six so we left that on. Rick and Martha sat on one recliner while drew sat on the other. Reese Jake and Kyle all sat on the couch and I decided on the floor with Bear a while using him as a pillow, but he didnât seem to mind he just raped his head around my back. Somewhere around the third movie I slowly drifted of to sleep.

DREW'S POV

Mom and dad sent Reese to bed after the first movie and followed him shortly after in the middle of the second movie. Now it's just Sam, Jake, Kyle, and me. After the third movie I paused the TV.

"Do you guys want to watch something else or play a game or something?" I asked.

"Um... Drew, Sam looks dead." Kyle said causing me to whip around in the chair. I let out a breath of relief she's just sleeping

"That's not funny Kyle. You almost gave me a heart attack." I told him in a dangerous tone.

"No, dude, look." He said so I watched. Kyle got up from the couch and squatted next to Sam. He lightly shook her and she didnât move. He shook her harder. Nothing. My eyes went wide. "See." He said looking worried.

I got on the floor and put my ear above her mouth. I felt a slight flow of warm air against my ear. I laughed so hard it hurt my stomach. When I finally gained control of myself Kyle and Jake were looking at me as if I was crazy. "Dudes, she's not dead. She's just a heavy sleeper. It's probably her bodies way of protecting her while she sleeps, that's all." They looked relieved.

"Well, I think we take her upstairs and put her in bed for the night." Jake said Kyle and I nodded our heads in agreement.

But then I remembered something. "Wait, what about her pj's?"

Luckily Jake thought ahead. "We're going to give her one of your t-shirts as a night gown for tonight and we are going to strip her down to her under shirt. Then weâre going to slip your shirt over her head and all the way down to her waist and we're going to unbutton and unzip her pants. Then before we start to pull them off we pull your shirt all the way down. That way we are guaranteed not to see a thing."

"Right, got it." Kyle and I said in unison.

"Good. Now, Kyle you're going to carry her up to her room and take the elevator. While you're doing that Drew and I are going to take the stairs. Drew youâre going to go get a long shirt from your room and I'm going to go turn down her bed." Jake instructed and we all set off.

KYLE'S POV

Drew and Jake already left to go upstairs so I bent down and pick Sam up in my arms. She's surprisingly light. It doesn't even feel like I'm carrying her. So I carefully made my why to the elevator. Once we were inside I pushed the button for the third floor. But when the elevator started to go up I felt her move. I looked down to see that she had lightly gripped a small part of my shirt and was now snuggling in closer to me. I smiled at her sleeping figure. She's actually a really cute girl. It's her to believe that someone could be as cruel as to hit someone so sweet and frail.

When the elevator doors opened I walked down the hall to Sam's room and gave her to Drew an Jake so they could change her. Instead of staying I decided to go down stairs and get her some water incase if she wakes up in the middle of the night and has a sore throat. That happens to me a lot. When I got back to her room she was in Drew's shirt and laying down underneath the covers. I assume Jake and Drew went to bed, it's almost midnight. So I set the water down on her nightstand and was about to turn off the light when something caught my eye. I turned to see that Sam was slightly shaking but that's not what I was worried about. I was worried because Sam was crying.

"Sam," I spoke gently shaking her shoulders. She just cried harder. So, I sat down on the edge of her bed and gently stoked her arms in an attempt to calm her down. It work for a while, but then she started to toss and turn and mumble strange things that were just loud enough for me to hear.

"No... I'm sorry... It's my fault... I'm sorry... Please stop..." She turned on her right side facing me and her whole body started to shake. The next thing she said was even quieter then the last. "Daddy you're hurting me... Please stop... I'm sorry...Please... Stop." Sam started to break into a sweat. She's emotionally stressing her self. This is bad, I thought. People have died from this kind of stress. I have to some how wake her. I was about to get up when I heard gasp. I turned back around and sure enough her eyes are open and sheâs struggling to sit up.

"Sam, look at me." She does but her eyes are glazed over in fear. "Sam, it's me. It's Kyle." She seemed to relax a bit but she must still be in shock from her dream. "It's okay, you're safe now. Sam, you need to calm down." She took some deep breaths but I could tell she was still scared. "Do you want to talk about?" She abruptly shook her head no. "Sam, you might fell better if you let it out. It's not good to keep that much stress all bottled up inside of you." She shook her head no again. "Alright, at least take slow sips of your water it should help a little." She tried to sit up but when she propped herself up on her elbow they were shaking so bad it looked like they would snap in half. I sighed and helped her sit up by propping pillows behind her back.

"Th-th-thanks." She said and then started to drink her water. When it was gone she was barely shacking.

"No problem. Now, you get some sleep and if you have another nightmare just come find me, okay?" Sam nodded her head and Bear came up and sat right next to her putting his head on her stomach. I watched as she slowly drifted off to sleep before heading to my room.