Chapter 10 part two

SAM’S POV

The next morning, Martha and Rick had all of their’s and Reese’s bags pack. They said that they had some work that needs to be done at the house, (cough, cough, mansion, cough.) and they’re taking Reese to his aunt’s house for a play date with his cousin.

When they left the boys said that we could go out to the lake. So we went into our room to change. I went into the bathroom and put on my one piece bathing suit with a black background and blue splatter paint designs. Then I slipped on my blue sundress and flip flops and exited the bathroom.

The boys all had on swim shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops. I looked at all of them for a moment before a small smile broke out on my face.

“Alright,” Drew spoke. “Let’s go. Mom and dad said that we could take the boat.”

We walked down the dock towards where the boat sat, bobbing in the water. The boys hopped in first and drew helped me into the boat, so I wouldn’t fall into the water. Kyle and Jake sat on the seats in the back of the boat and Drew sat in the drivers seat. I was about to ask where I should sit when Kyle spoke.

“Sam, you can sit in the front.” He motioned to some seats in front of the drivers seat, on the tip of the boat.

I walked through the glass doors and took a seat only to jump up and let out a yelp of both surprise and of pain. I heard a few soft chuckled and whipped around to face the boys.

Jake was the first one to sober up. “Lay a towel down over the seat so it’s not to hot.” He told me as he chucked me a beach towel.

Soon, Drew started the boat and we were cruising around the giant lake. The boys took turns wakeboarding and it looked like a lot of fun. But I guess I spoke too soon because I was soon put into a life jacket and thrown into the lake.

The water was surprisingly warm and relaxing. Although, I think I might have enjoyed it a little more if I wasn’t having my feet shoved into a wake board.

“Guy’s what are you doing? I can barely stay above the water, let alone stand on it!” See this is when I started to panic.

“Relax, I’m going to teach you how to do it.” Kyle said with a smile.

My stomach still felt uneasy, but I quickly complied. Kyle hopped in the water and showed me how to angle my feet with the board and how to hold the rope. Soon he hoped back into the boat and Drew took off.

In a matter of five second I was standing and balancing myself. I’m not sure how long I was up there before I lost my balance and fell, but that was the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. When I came back up the boat was already at my side.

I told Drew I wanted to go again, and then again, and again. By the fifth time I was able to stand up for a couple of minutes. As I was cruising the water, I watched as everything was brightened by the glistening sun. I turned my head to the right and laughed as I was sprayed with water. When I looked at the trees I saw something, and when I looked closer I saw that it was a person. But this was no ordinary person. This was a monster. It was my father.

The smile was immediately wiped off my face and my grip slipped on the rope which ended up making me fall forward, trying to catch it. My head knocked against the handle to the rope before I made contact with the water. Then everything went black.

When I came to I was in the boat surrounded by the boys. They looked relieved when I opened my eyes. I slowly sat up and rested my back against the seat.

“Sam,” Drew said, effectively gaining my attention. “What happened back there?”

“I…” I looked away from them and looked towards where I saw him early. But there was no trace of any one ever being there. So, I looked at the water instead. “I just saw something.”

“Alright,” Drew wrapped a towel around my shoulders. “let’s go back to the cabin and get some rest before dinner.”

We all agreed and when we got there we each took turns taking showers. After we were all in our cozy pajamas, Jake made us all some spaghetti. When we went to bed that night I was more than grateful that I had imagined seeing my dad and that it wasn’t really him.

MR. PEERS’ POV

How dare she have fun. How dare she smile. How dare she even live. That’s it! I was going to take her back with me and make her life miserable, but now I have a better idea. I’m going to kill that creature.