Chapter 18.5

"Okay, first order of business" Washington began as Samuel took a seat at the round table they were at.
"Cut the act Georgey, I know you just missed me" Frederick ("King" George's last name) interrupted, winking at Washington. Washington closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.
"Can you be professional for once?"  He asked, impatience in his voice. Washington and Alex were sitting side by side on once side of the table, Frederick and Sam on the other side. Sam sat with fairly good posture and listened intently to the conversation, looking for important points to write down. His page of notes were blank. He then quietly doodled as the two Georges bickered. Alex on the other hand was slumped over his work, his head resting on his left hand as his right one wrote away. Fifteen minutes into this pointless meeting Alex fell asleep, his head slamming on the table and his snores filling the room.
"Washing machine, you gotta take care of your peasants better" Frederick said. All eyes were on Alex by this point. Alex stirred and raised his head after five minutes of sleep. A sticky note stuck to his forehead.
"Why's everyone looking at me?" He asked, puzzled.
"Son, are you alright?" Washington asked, true concern on his face. Alex ignored his boss calling him son and continued on.
"Yes of course. Why wouldn't I be" He said, almost strained.
"You just like died for five minutes" Frederick said.
"What-"
"You fell asleep for five minutes" Washington corrected, shooting Frederick an annoyed look.
"Son, you have bags under your eyes and you fall more than you usually do." Alex opened his mouth to object but George beat him to it.
"I also heard you conversation with Jefferson this morning. How much sleep did you get this week?"
Alex stayed silent for a minute but answered.
"About 3 hours-"
"It's Thursday! - how did you sleep 3 hours and not pass out or something-" Frederick began, now worried for this short man.
"That's not healthy man" Sam spoke.
"Why Alexander? What's got you up like this?" Washington asked.
"Just...a lot of shit."
"You gotta be more specific than that son." Alex ignored the son part again and sighed.
"My girlfriend broke up with me, my best friend hates me and I'm gonna be a father" Alex confessed. Everyone in the room was speechless. Washington finally spoke up.
"Why would Eliza break up with you? She seemed to be head over heels for you the last time I saw her."
"How long ago was that?" Alex asked hopeful.
"About...about a year ago I think. I can't exactly remember."
"Oh."
"So why did she break up with you man?" Sammy asked, now interested.
"Its a long story" Alex mumbled, looking back down at his papers.
"We've got time" Frederick said.
"It's not like this meeting was going anywhere" Washington added. Alex sighed again and told his situation.

The room was silent after he finished.
"I know I'm fucking horrible- excuse my language sir" Alexander noted, laying his head on the table in defeat. Washington placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder in comfort.
"I know- we know that you messed up big time son, but I believe you've had you fair share of trouble already. You can't be too hard on yourself or things'll get worse. Get some sleep, eat a salad or something. Drink more water. Over time she'll forgive you- I just know it."
"Really?" Alex asked, his voice muffled.
"Really."
"Awe, you guys are like father and son- it's adorable" Frederick poked in. Sam nodded his head in agreement. Washington cracked a little smile.
"I'm not his son!" Alex finally raised his voice, but his voice cracked mid sentence making it lose its angry tone.
"Sure, and the public loves me."

Lil bit of father Washington and Uncle Frederick. It's official- King George is the crazy uncle (inside joke but eh)