Chapter 10

A/N; I'm sorry (I'm not sorry) **cough** Mkay back to ze story

"You're what?!" Alex whisper-yelled. He peeked outside of the kitchen door, checking if anyone else heard their conversation.
"I'm pregnant Alex, and I know you heard me" Maria whispered back. Alex turned around to face her, seeing tears silently roll down her face. He walked over and hugged her gently, rubbing circles in her back to calm her down. Maria cried even harder.
"I-I'm so sorry Alex. I ruined your relationship with E-Eliza and with J-John and I'm just a terrible person-"
"No you're not Maria. Next to Eliza, you're one of the best girls I know. You're our best friend and..." Alex sighed.
"This wasn't your fault. It was mine. And we'll figure this out. Somehow."
John walked into the kitchen.
"What's taking y'all so lo- what's wrong?" John walked over and placed a hand on Maria's shoulder.
"She's, uh, she's having a little breakdown, ya know" Alex answered.
"Is there anything you need Mar Mar? Disney movies, ramen noodles, some other third thing that I can't name?" John asked. Maria looked at him.
"All three please" she mumbled into Alex's shoulder.
"Alright then. You're wish is my command." John left the kitchen, and within 15 minutes everyone was on the couch under blankets watching Moana with noodles.
"Thanks" Maria quietly said during one of the songs.
"No problem" John answered.
"Really." He winked at her and went back to humming along.

~Rewind~

Maria ran up to John, whom was sitting on the stoop at the orphanage.
"Hey Mar Mar" John greeted, scooting over and patting the spot next to him. She sat down.
"Where's Charles?" Maria asked.
"He's sick. It's bad too."
"Tell him I hope he gets better."
"Alright."
The two sat in an awkward silence for sometime. Maria turned and looked at John. John noticed.
"Yes?" He asked. Maria kissed his cheek. John blushed a deep red.
"Do you know what that means?" Maria asked.
"I got cooties-"
"No John" Maria giggled, rolling her eyes.
"...I'm pretty sure I got cooties." Maria playfully pushing John.
"You're such a dork."
"I've been hangin' around you too much!" John hopped yo and ran away, Maria in hot pursuit. She slapped his arm.
"Tag! Your it!"
—————
"I totally won" John said, panting slightly.
"No, I did" Maria protested.
"Yeah, totally" John said sarcastically. Maria stuck her tongue out at him.
"Soooo mature Mar Mar."
"Says the boy who thought he had cooties."
"About that..."
"Please don't tell me you think cooties is still a thing?"
"No Mar Mar, but...do you like me?"
"Pardon my French, but no dipshit. Why do you think I kissed you for?"
A light blush appeared on John's face, accompanied by a guilty look.
"Maria, I'm gay."
Maria opened her mouth to respond, but was cut off by the dinner bell. The kids around them ran inside. Maria and John stood there, looking at each other. John eventually looked down at his shoes.
"C'mon in Maria, John" the one holding the bell called. The two slowly made their way inside.
"We can still be best friends" John suggested, taking Maria's hand and looking at her. Maria looked at their hands and then at John. She gave him a small smile.
"That'd be nice."