Chapter 18

~Two weeks later~

Little droplets of rain landed softly on the kitchen window pane of the house. The paint was chipping and there was a leak in the roof, but it was home.
Two figures were in the kitchen currently, one leaning on the counter and the other sitting down, both sipping on lukewarm beverages.
"So how's she been doin?"
"She barely leaves her room anymore. The last time she left it she grabbed the whole tub of ice cream, a spoon, and said 'don't judge me'. I don't know but I'm just really worried about her...How's Alex been?"
"...We really don't talk anymore- Well he doesn't talk with anyone really but that's besides the point. Whenever I see him he's typing away or writing or something to do with work and Washington. He barely sleeps or eats. Literally the other day I asked him what he was drinking and he answered 'Coffee with a Five Hour energy shot...or three'."
"That's.....not healthy..."
"Mhm."
"And you?"
"What about me?"
"Well how're you doing?"
"Oh, um...okay I guess. I still feel really fucking bad about all of this but I can't get too distracted or anything, ya know? I just...all that I'm worrying about now is the baby and their health."
"Do you know yet if it's a boy or a girl?" Peggy asked excitedly.
"I'm letting it be a surprise- but I hope it's a girl."
"Me too."
Peggy cleared her throat.
"How's you and Herc?"
Maria blushed immediately.
"We're coolio, ya know."
"Coolio? You never say that which means that you like him don't you??"
"What? No I don't like him- I mean I do, as a friend of course- just shhhh." Maria took a long drag on her hot chocolate, failing to hide her blush.
There was a slight lack in the conversation. It was awkward. Peggy felt a little tense, and Maria did too. Finally Peggy spoke up and asked what she been thinking he whole time.
"How's John?"
"He's...still mad at Alex it seems. I don't really know- I don't see him as much. It's kinda funny how I see him less than Alex."
Peggy nodded.
"Pegs."
"Hm?"
"You should go speak to him. Text him 'hi' or somethin."
"I will. I don't know when but I will."

~A few days later at The Office (and not Dunder Mifflin)~

Alex carried what seemed like a thousand papers and folders in his arms as he staggered into the work place. He kept his gaze down the whole time, hoping to conceal the bags under his eyes. Then he ran into something- someone actually. He looked up to who it was.
"Fucking watch it Thomas" he growled.
"Geesh, why so rude to the man who saved your life?" Alex rolled his eyes at the comment.
"Do you have to bring that up every damn time?"
"Of course I do, or you might forget."
"L-Look Jeffy, I'm allergic to cats but you don't see me petting every dog on the block." Alex yawned, Thomas giving him a concerned confused look.
"Hamilton, how much sleep did you get?" He asked, noticing the bags under Alexander's eyes.
"What's it to ya?" Alex shot back. Thomas didn't say anything as Alex walked- Well, shuffled- to his office.
"Look at all the peasants here- oh my it can't be you! Is it really you Terry?"
Thomas couldn't believe his eyes. It was King George himself.
"S-sir, what're you doing here?" Thomas asked, not believing his eyes. He pinched himself to make sure this wasn't a nightmare.
"I'm gonna talk business with Washingmachine."
George Washington walked into the space, ready for whatever meeting he was going to have with the other George.
"Now run along Jeffershit, the grownups are talking." Washington rolled his eyes and led the former king into a conference room.
"Hamilton!" Washington called out. Alex rushed out of his office and into the room, a couple of papers flying.
Thomas punched himself again and rubbed his eyes. Then he saw a figure standing in front of him.
"And you are?" Thomas asked.
"Samuel Seabury" the man responded. It occurred to Thomas that Samuel was standing there the whole time. He looked familiar, but Jefferson couldn't place his finger on it...
"You're than one janitor guy, aren't you?" Thomas asked vaguely. Samuel nodded.
"And now you're George's assistant?" Samuel nodded again.
"Pardon my French but how the fuck do you stand him?"
"I think he's hilarious. He may be overconfident and...dramatic at times but that helps me be a little more confident than I was before. There's more to him than what you experienced Thomas-"
"Sammy!" George called.
"Until we meet again" Sam said, walking to the conference room. Thomas stood in his spot, jaw open. He still was convinced this was all a dream.

Njwkfmwkqkdje Just a lil chapter or somethin idk