Unseen Loss

Dan's POV

    As soon as Phil starts his rap,I head backstage to get at the piano bench.As soon as I sit down,a terrible pain hits my back.I wince but immediately smile as the curtain opens.We play through our song and the bows.The pain keeps getting worse.

    As soon as the curtain closes,I bend down onto the floor.Phil, Marianne,and several others rush to me.Marianne turns off my microphone and Phil helps me to the nearest chair.

    "Dan,sweetie,what's wrong?" Phil asks,realizing he hadn't turns off his mic.The whole theatre just heard him call me 'sweetie.' Phil swiftly turns off his mic and holds my hands.I grit my teeth in pain.

    "It fucking...hurts..." Tears start to roll down my face.I throw my head back as another pain hits.I started to bleed from my ass.I was ushered to Marianne's rental car by Phil and the three of us move as fast as possible into the A&E.

    "How may I help you?" The receptionist asked.

    "Hi,my name's Philip,this is my... friend Daniel.He's got some pretty bad pains in his stomach and he's bleeding." Phil says as he holds my side and hand,trying to keep me up.

    "Alright,nurse Meing,get Daniel into a wheelchair and take him to room 611.Philip,can you stay behind and fill out some of this paperwork? We need to know things like his personal doctor and his insurance." The receptionist adds.Phil pulls up something on his phone and hands it to Marianne.

    "Could you take care of this?All the information is on here.I can't leave Dan alone." He asks her.

    "Sure!I completely understand." She smiles at us as the nurse wheels me into the lift.

    "Ph-Phil...what's happening to me?Am I dying?" I ask while in utter agony.

    "I'm not sure,honey.Just try to stay as calm as possible.You can make it through whatever this is." He presses his lips onto my forehead,obviously not caring about what the nurse thinks.They put me in a room where I'm put in a hospital gown and examined.After about twenty minutes,the doctor decides to do a sonogram on me.

    "Daniel,I'm afraid you had a miscarriage." The doctor doesn't look at me,but keeps his eyes glued to the screen.Me and Phil's mouths are open in awe.

    "B-But I wasn't pregnant!" I yelp,another pain hitting me.

    "You may not have know it,but you were ten weeks pregnant.Did you not know you were a carrier?" The young doctor asks me.

    "We knew he was a carrier." Phil pipes up so I don't have to speak. "We were using condoms and Dan was taking birth control."

    "Ah,the birth control probably didn't prevent your pregnancy enough,and eventually ended up terminating your pregnancy."

    After hours of procedures,the doctor grabbed my clothes and handed them to me. "You're free to go.Have a nice night."

    "I...um...thank you." Is all that came out of my mouth.I'm still shocked by the fact that I had lost a baby.It hurt.But I just found out,I couldn't get attached.Why did it hurt so bad,then?I start to cry as we go back into the hotel room. Marianne hands us our things and wishes us a good night.

    "Dan...come here." Phil whispers to me,a small smile on his face.His arms are open for me to run into.

    I break down in tears in Phil's arms. "Why does it hurt so much?"

    "I don't know,bear." Phil says to me as he gets a message.He turns on his phone to see hundreds of notifications.

    "Why are there so many?" My eyes widen. "The show!You called me 'sweetie' when your mic was on! SHITSHITSHITSHIT!"

    "Oh my god...what have I done?"

    "You...outed us in front of two thousand people."

    "Okay.Once we get home tomorrow,we need to make a video clearing this up."

    "Are you suggesting we come out to our fans?"

    "We have to,Dan.I'm sorry I caused this.I wasn't thinking,but you were in so much pain.I had no idea my mic was still on."

    "It...It's fine.We can make it through this.Most of our fans are wanting this anyway.I...I just...Phil..."

    "Dan,we'll get through it."