Safe & Sound

I had my head low just thinking of ways to talk to her. Like look you kissed me but that doesn't mean we can't be friends and you can't just ignore me forever. I like you May but that doesn't mean you can kiss me. I mean I dont like you like that but... What the actual fuck am I saying? I sighed, maybe I should just go back home. No. I already committed,right? I looked up and noticed someone walking in front of me. I leaned back in shock a little but still my feet moved me forward. We both walked to each other my eyes only staring into hers and hers staring into mine. When we finally met up I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.
     "Hi." We both said at the same time causing us to awkwardly giggle.

    "Look I'm sorry." May said with clear guilt in her eyes.
    "I shouldn't have kissed you. I don't know what I was thinking Bri... please forgive me?" I sighed.

    "I forgive you..." I paused and she smiled and made a weird face,
    "Really? That easy? I'm sorry. I mean I didn't think you were gonna forgivemethateasily but... you're not mad?"

"No but, on one condition. Take me on a date before doing that.." She giggled and nodded her head.

    "I'll keep that in mind."
  "Anyways where were you heading to?"

     "I was going to your house actually." I said and she blushed.

  "I was heading your way too."

   "Wanna go to the ice cream shop a few blocks away?" I asked her not having any control over my words or actions.

     "Of course Bri, why wouldn't I?"

  •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    "She acts like she's grown up now." I laugh at the the thought of my younger sister. She laughs and my body tenses at the next question she asks me.

    "How's your parents?" My face went blank and the memories of that night flooded my mind.
    "Hey Bri you ok?" I looked up at May to notice I squished my icecream cone in my hands. I gave her a fake smile and said I was ok. She gave me a weird look and didn't bring it up again.

   She walked me home and I gave her a small smile.
  "Look I'm sorry I didn't mean to ask you an-" I cut her off with a sigh.

   "Its fine." She gave me a worried look and nodded her head and walked away. I noticed it was already 9:00pm. I went to my room and got ready for bed. I was going to go to bed but changed my mind. I walked into my sisters room  to see her peacefully sleeping. A tear fell from my cheek. I kissed her forehead and was walking out the door.

     "Bri?" I turned around and smiled at her with tears in my eyes.
   "Bri? Why are you crying?" She asked me and got out of bed to hug me.

    "I'm so sorry Kay." I sobbed into her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around me and tried soothing me by rubbing my back.
   "Its all my fault."

   "Bri! Shut up. Nothings your fault! You're an amazing person!" She looked into my eyes with care and concern.

    "It is my fault Kayla... I shouldn't have let that happen to you..." I looked into her eyes and quickly noticed the change of her expression as she caught on to what I was saying.

   "Bri..." her voice cracked, "It wasn't your fault. You know that. It wasn't anyone's fault except his, ok?" I looked into her eyes and noticed she had tears in them I nodded my head knowing this is what she wants. But I still can't blame myself of what happened. She said we should never bring it up. But sometimes she cries at night and I have to come in here to help her go to sleep. Other nights she has nightmares and it's so scary to hear her yell and scream for help. I try my best but even she knows it's not ok. That night changed out life and the way I viewed it. It's when everything changed in our family. It's so unforgettable... It was terrible and terrifying. I can't imagine what goes on in her mind..
   "Come." She drags me to her bed to lay down. I put my head on her pillow and before falling asleep I make sure she does and as soon as I hear her steady breath I try waking out.

  "Please... dont leave me here alone." Just hearing her say that makes me want to burst into tears. I walk back to her bed and hug her.
     "Just close your eyes. I won't leave you ever. I promise." I hold her as she cries to sleep and I kiss her forehead one more time and let my eyes fall.

    The next morning I wake up with a headache. I notice a glass of water on the bed side table. I drink it and bring it to the kitchen to see my mom drinking her coffee and my sister watching TV in the living room. I went to go get ready quickly and came back down stairs. I sat next to my sister and she smiled at me.

    She is so brave. She can cry and the next day she can be smiling. She can be faking it.... But her smiles look so genuine I can't tell. I hug her.

    "How you doing?" I asked her.

  "As fine as I can be." She honestly said.

"Come on Kayla it's time for school."

   "Bye Bri." She smiled and waved at me while skipping out the door.

    I walked out after they left to notice Cheri standing outside with some cute glasses and holding her books up to her chest. I smiled and lightly giggled. She must've noticed cause she turned my way and smiled at me.
      "Hey umm...  I was gonna knock on the door but I didn't know what to say so i just waited outside for you."

   "Its fine." I giggled and we both made our way to school.

~●~●~●~●~●~●

     I actually need some help on who Bri should be with cause all the characters are special in their own ways and I'm having trouble I dont want to make Bri and May official when there are so many other possibilities. I really hope you guys enjoy this story. If you do so far you guys are really going to be excited on what happens next. Sorry for any mistakes again I try my best to check. Good day and night to whom ever is reading this.

    Oh and if you have any songs you want me to add as a base of the story please give me some because I find it hard to find a song to use. Anyways bye again.