CHAPTER: 17 | BITTER REALITY (PART-1)

Start from the beginning

"Sure." She raised her eyebrows, curiously.

"Okay then, let's get Sarah out the rain first." He told her before cupping his hands and shouting, "Sarah! Get over here."

Sarah squinted her eyes under the rain and waved her hands towards them, gesturing them to join in.

"Here we go," Haider Ahmed looked back at Laiba, his hand pointing towards his daughter, "She's inviting us, instead."

Laiba gave a side way smile and folded her hands casually, "Tell her, there's food and she will come running."

"Uh, right, why did I not think of that before?" Haider Ahmed took a step forward and did as she said and not even a minute later, Sarah was in front of them.

"What have you got?" She passed them, drenched from head to toe, leaving wet footprints on the wooden floor as she entered the kitchen through the back door. "Anything hot and spicy would do for me."

Laiba and Haider Ahmed smiled at each other as they followed her in but their smile vanished the second they found her standing with her hands on her hips in the middle of the kitchen, searching for the food. She slowly turned, eyes narrowing at both of them. "Where's food?" She demanded.

Laiba looked away, acting as if she wasn't part of it and Haider Ahmed held his hand up in surrender, "Whatever that you wish to eat, tell Miss.Husna, she will have it ready for you in a minute. Right Miss.Husna?" Haider Ahmed directed the question towards the elderly maid who nodded at him obediently.

"I know that too. But I thought it was already ready. You both fooled me, didn't you?" She glared at both of them, accusingly.

"I was only taking care of my baby daughter." He went towards her with a sigh and held the water-dripping strands of hers in the air, "This will get you sick, you know."

"There's a thing called 'blow dryer', you know?" She mimicked his tone, swatting his hands away.

Laiba laughed at that, "He has something to tell us, actually." She came for his rescue at last, dragging the bar stool and sitting on it, "And we knew only the name of food will help us to lure you out of the rain and here," She gestured towards the stool beside her, "In front of us." She added, with a smile.

Sarah scowled, "How cunning!" She sat down, nonetheless.

Haider Ahmed took the adjacent one and placed his clasped hand in front of them, "So, what I was gonna say is.."

"Good news or bad news?" Sarah cut him off with a question.

Haider Ahmed mused for a while, "Good, yes, good news." He nodded.

"Well, then, Alhamduillah!" That was Laiba.

"The first, is for Laiba." He faced her, "Zeeshan's coming back by midnight, today, In Sha Allah and from what I heard, he is going to be the CEO of The Othman's corporation very soon." He announced.

Laiba lowered her head, smiling lightly at the news. "Alhamduillah." She muttered, happy for him.

"Oh! Wow! That's great!" Commented, Sarah, nudging Laiba all the while.

"Yes, it is great, that is why Yusuf is throwing a party for him at the Othman House, tomorrow and we are invited to the celebration." He appraised, looking at both of them, expectantly. "And since you haven't met Zeeshan yet, I think it's a great opportunity for both of you to know each other." He paused before continuing, "So, I've decided, we are going to the party, okay?"