Chapter Fourteen

"What in the world are you trying to here Tori?" He yelled, holding up the papers.

"I'm getting rid of her. I don't want her anyways. It gets her out of my hair. And, we don't have to do those grueling court hours. We can finish it here and for all."

"No, Tori. Why can't you understand that I want Lennox? Are you trying to make me mad. Because it is working."

"Seriously, Wade. You don't actually think I am buying this do you? You don't want her."

"Yes! I do! Why would I be here if I didn't? Huh, Tori? Answer that question!"

"Wade, please. Just sign the papers. We can just go on and pretend none of this ever happened. Let the memory of Lennox just pass out of your mind."

"Are you stupid or something? How can I forget everything that has went on this past year. Tori, I love that little girl. She means everything to me." I held up the papers. "See these? Yeah, forget about me signing them." I ripped the paper to shreds in front of her face.

"See you in eight days, Tori. Goodbye." With that, I slammed the door and walked out.

.....................

Cassie's POV

I heard wade's car pull into the drive. Hmm. That was quick. He wasn't even gone an hour.

I walked and met him at the door. "How did it go?" I asked. He looked pretty happy, so it must have gone well.

"I hope well. I think I scared her off. At least I hope." He pulled me closer to him.

"Well, what did you say? Or, what did you do?" I knew he had done something. I could tell by his expression.

"Oh, nothing. I just ripped the papers up in front of her face and threw them on the ground," he said this like it didn't matter.

"Wade Malachi Bentley! Why did you do that?" I was terrified for him. Who knows what Tori will do now.

"It seemed right. She tried to tell me that I didn't really want Lennox. She said I was putting on a show. How does she know my feelings?" He kissed my forehead. Man, he was so sweet. "Also, I told her I would see her in eight days, and I slammed the door in her face."

I just looked at him in shock. I was really glad he actually stood up for what he wanted. He has held back his anger for so long.

I shook my head and laid it on his chest while he held me close.

Now, I just fear what is going to happen with Lennox.