Chapter Twelve

I walked back to my room to see Cassie sitting on my bed. She was crying.

"Cass," I said. I ran over and sat beside her. "What's wrong?"

"I heard everything, Wade. I'm sorry I eavesdropped, but I did." She wouldn't even look at me. "I can't let you love me. You will loose Lennox."

I grabbed her chin and forced her head up. "Cassie, I am not going to lose Lennox. We haven't gone to court yet. It is not her decision. It's the courts." I pulled her face closer to mine. "It is too late to keep me from loving you. I have loved you since I laid my eyes on you many years ago. It is too late for any of that. I am tired of running from my feelings. I want you. I don't care what Tori tries to do. It won't stop our love. I love you Cassie. Forever and always."

With that being said, I pulled her even closer and gave her the kiss I have been waiting for. It was magical. I felt an instant connection to her when our lips met. It was like we were meant to be together.

I pulled away from her and looked at her stunned expression, "I love you, Cassie. Please, never leave me. Help me get Lennox. Be a family with us? Please?"

She put her forehead against mine and said, "I am not going anywhere. You know you have me wrapped around your finger. I would love to be a part of your family. I love you Wade Bentley. Always have. Always will."

She then proceeded to reclaim my lips. I was the happiest man alive.

......

After we finally stopped for air, I said, "I love you so much. I can't wait to start a life with you. But, first things first. We need to figure out how we will beat Tori and get Lennox."

"Wade, I love you," she smiled. "But I am not too sure on how to handle a custody battle. And, how will Tori react when she knows I am your girlfriend. What will happen now?"

I smiled. Cassie Chandler was my girlfriend.

"It will all work out fine," I assured her. "Plus, Tori was drunk when she came over. I know she has been doing drugs around my daughter. Even when she specifically told me she had stopped."

"What? Are you going to try and prove this to the court?" She asked. She knew exactly what I was doing.

"Yes, beautiful," I said tapping her nose. She laughed. "How did you know?"

She laughed again, "because, Wade Bentley, I know you too well."

She pulled me back down and kissed me again. Now, I can get used to this.