CHAPTER 14: Unexpected

ZANE

I am so happy that I have found my mate and that she accepts me and see's past my hideous scars across my chest.  I'm the luckiest Alpha in the world and am so glad she's going to be my Luna.  I know she'll be great. 

Never in a million years did I ever think I would have a mate though, let alone, someone as amazing as her. 

Another couple of weeks have passed by since her and I mated and of course, the next morning, everyone knew we were mates.  Her and I got a few glares from some of the young girls but I always held her hand and had her close to me. 

"Alpha, I need to speak with you."  Kobey mind-links me. 

"Alright. I'll meet you in the office in five minutes." I replied before kissing Midnight on her forehead and excusing myself.

Once I went inside the office, I saw both Kobey, Stella and one of my Delta's, Mick. 

"Alpha." Mick greeted me while bowing his head. 

"What's going on?" I asked worried as I noticed the scared and yet also, pissed off look on Stella's face.  I then closed and locked the door right away. 

"We have a problem." Mick began. "Last night we ran into some wolves." He states. 

"Okay?.." I asked confused. "Were they rogues or something?"

"Worse. It was Aaron Kingsley's pack." He says hesitantly. 

What the hell is he doing on our territory? he couldn't know where we're at, right?

"Where did you find him?" I asked. 

"A few miles from here." He replied. 

"Alright, well, keep an eye out for him in case he gets close. I don't want him to know about this place or any members from his pack." I tell him. "And once you find him and his pack, tell me and both Kobey and I will come and help take care of them." I told him. 

He nodded his head in agreement before leaving. I ten turned around and grabbed the closest thing to me which was the computer on the desk and threw it against the wall behind me, causing it to shatter all over the floor. 

I tried calming myself down when I hear Kobey whisper yelling at Stella. 

"Just tell him." I hear Kobey say out loud this time. 

"What?" I asked them both. 

Stella glares at Kobey for a moment before looking at me with an apologetic look. 

"I know why he's coming." She says. 

"What so you mean? Why?" I asked. 

"He's coming for Midnight." She says while fighting back tears. 

"Why? Are they friends? Is he an old boyfriend that's obsessed with her?" I asked with my arms crossed across my chest as I waited for her to answer. 

Kobey motions with his head at her to tell me something else. 

"Aaron is her brother." She tells me. 

Suddenly I feel my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach. This can't be happening. Why would the Moon Goddess be so cruel as to match me up with my enemy's sister?

"No. She can't be." I start to shake my head 'no' as I turn around and grip onto the desk to try and keep myself from losing control. 

"Zane.." Stella began. "She's nothing like her brother or father. In fact, when we found her that night, we later on asked her her name and she told us and also mentioned how she had tried to escape that night. I'm not exactly sure what all they did to her but...." I stopped her while turning around now and glaring at her. 

"Wait! You mean to tell me that you KNEW whose daughter and sister she was this entire time and you let her stay in my house?!" I said with my voice getting louder towards the end. 

"Okay, first of all, it's not just YOUR house, it's mine too. And second of all, she's your mate! So it shouldn't matter who she is. I mean, haven't you seen how perfect she is for you?!" She exclaims. 

"Doesn't matter!" I snap at her and then look over at Kobey. "And YOU! You knew about this all along and didn't tell me?!" 

"I'm sorry Alpha." He replies with his head facing down to the ground. 

"Both of you can go to hell. And as for Midnight, she needs to leave, NOW!" I tell them. 

"What? Hell no! She's not going anywhere. She has nowhere else to go and do I seriously need to remind you again that she's your fucking mate?!" Stella snaps back at me. 

"I don't give a shit! Mate or not, for all we know, she could have been part of some plan that they made up where they had her come here purposely to pretend she ran away but really, it was to try and spy on us." 

"Are you seriously, that stupid?! I don't believe you! You know what? Maybe dad was right, you could NEVER be an Alpha King! You're too stubborn and too much of an asshole to care!" She yells as she gets closer to my face. 

Before either one of us could say anything, we heard screaming and yelling along with several growls coming from outside. 

We all began to run outside and see what was going on. And sure enough, I saw Aaron and his men all standing at a stance, now all looking at me. 

I wanted to rip out his fucking throat! I wanted to behead and do everyone a favor. But Kobey grabbed my arm to try and calm me down. Also, where was Midnight? Fuck it. It doesn't matter. I knew this all was too good to be true. 

Kobey, me and a few of my other pack members stood several feet away from Aaron and his pack. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him. 

"Funny you should ask. I'm actually here for my sister. I believe you know her, Midnight?" He grins.

I wanted to tear off that damn annoying grin. 

Right as I was about to say something, I stopped after I heard from off to the side, Midnight. 

"Aaron!!" She says while standing next to Stella. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)  It's about to get crazy!!!!