Chapter 20: Bewildered

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 20

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.  

In an ominously quiet forest, the brown leaves hustled in the wind and were accompanied by the sound of trees creaking and loud chirping of insects

In an ominously quiet forest, the brown leaves hustled in the wind and were accompanied by the sound of trees creaking and loud chirping of insects. That was where Aera and Junho decided to have their stealth and agility training as vampires. 

"Welcome to your very first vampire training with me. Today you will discover more about yourself." Aera's lips curled into a smirk, her arms crossed while she looked up to the male with the colossal height. 

"Teach me, master." He suppressed a chuckle, rolling his eyes at her whilst leaning on the trunk of a maple tree.

"Since we're going to be together for the rest of our lives, we should learn to protect eachother with the powers and abilities that are bestowed upon us." She uttered.

"Alright, master. What do I have to do first?"

Aera gave him a weird look, her palms resting on her forehead upon hearing him jokingly call her "master". Pointing at the large boulder beside, she gestured. "Break it."

"I haven't been making use of these powers lately so..." He started making excuses since he hasn't been utilizing his vampiric energy recently.

"Hush.  Now kick."  She cut his speech halfway with her orders.

With minimal effort, landing a kick with his stiff and rock-hard legs, he broke it completely. Generally, a vampire has supernatural strength that may withstand ten bodybuilders.

Amazed by the turnout of the events, he chuckled. "Am I strong enough to protect you now?"

"Eh... You still have a long way to go. You have unlocked the first key and that is the key of undeniable herculean strength. The next concept you have to understand is how a vampire is invulnerable to death. We all are immortals, that from time to time need to hibernate, however due to the presence of the Aspivarix drug created by Hellsing, it changed history. "

"Interesting. Tch." He clicked his tongue, eyebrows wiggling due the piece of information given to him.

On the muddy path where they trailed, her sharp eyes gawked into the piece of glass shard in the soil. "Junho, pick that glass up and give it to me." She ordered as he quickly complied with her request, lowering himself to pick it up whilst handing it to her right after.

Performing the unexpected act of slitting her wrist deeply and wide open,  she took the glass shard grazing it over her milky white skin, his eyes grew wider and his jaw dropped. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" He swiftly ran to her, taking the glass shard away from her hands and dropping it on the floor.

"You're so silly. Grr! Just watch me. " She pinches his ears, acting carefree as if her wrists were not slit open, not feeling any excruciating pain.