Chapter 11: An Orderly Confusion

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 11

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.

After tiresome days at the hospital, Junho finally had the guts to ask Aera out on a night date

After tiresome days at the hospital, Junho finally had the guts to ask Aera out on a night date. As soon as texted Junho back with a "yes", she instantly changed into a sleeveless white knee length dress, dashing as she puts on a modest amount of makeup.

"Don't fall for him, Aera. It's a trap. You're doing this to dig information." She says it to herself repeatedly for her to be aware of her situation.

Downstairs, Areum was busy watching "The Greatest Showman" on their high definition Samsung 90 inched TV. "A million dreams is all it's gonna take!" She was enjoying her time binging on her caramel popcorn, singing to the hit musical's songs until the doorbell rang.

All dressed in her pink polka-dotted pajamas, Areum rushed outside checking the gates, seeing a man with tall build, nut-brown hair brushing on his face, dressed in a blue polo and jeans. She opened the gate in able for her to interrogate him, "Good evening mister, you are?"

"I'm Kim Junho, a fellow surgeon from Seoul National Hospital, Aera's colleague." He replied, running his hands through his hair, feeling a bit intimidated by Aera's sister.

"Oh you came to pick her up?" She narrowed her eyes at him, looking at his entire physique and carefully analyzing him.

"Yes he's taking me out!" Aghast, Aera pops out, walking like a princess who just had a makeover, her ebony black hair flowing as she makes her way to him. He couldn't help being mesmerized by her unearthly beauty.

Moving closer to him, she aggressively links her arms with his causing him to wonder on why she started acting unusually clingy. "Bye, sis!" She bids farewell.

Consequently, in the car, the two started talking about Junho's plans for the night, eventually bringing her to the Naksan beach once again.

He parked his flaming red convertible BMW, pressing the button to put the roof down as they bask on the scenery of the harsh waves kissing the shore. It was a comforting place for the two of them. Both made their way in a candle-lit gleaming pathway that lead to a center table covered in rose petals and tea lights.

There, he pulls out a chair for her to sit noticing how Aera's face beamed upon seeing his efforts.

On the table, he serves a dish of relishing calamari and aphrodisiac lobsters on her plate. Her tummy grumbling at the sight of food as he puts it on her plate.

"I never knew you would be this romantic." Her eyes sparkling, lips drawn back at the corner.

"You never praised the ambiance or the set-up for giving romantic vibes. You only called me romantic when food came in. Nice joke, serve me more jokes later." Clearing his throat as he bluffed around with her.

Aera gave him a displeased reaction, the couple were acting like cats and dogs. The two enjoyed their meal, feasting on the seafood dishes and the ambrosial wine.

Breaking the silence, Junho cleared his throat. 

"I hate being cheesy. Honestly, I'd prefer bullying you everyday. But when I met you, it felt like you took me to another world. I see myself doing things out of my comfort zone. Through you, I discovered different sides of me that I never knew existed. Honestly love was never my forte but being with you makes me feel different, you make me want to explore your world. The world you set yourself into. And I hope and pray each day that in your world, there will be me." His heartfelt message struck her as her heart started pounding wildly against her chest.

Although the start of  their relationship was really playful and full of secret despise, the two grew fond of eachother. Aera, who constantly fights with her feelings, tried to restrain her emotions, keeping a blank face as he said those words.

She wanted to reciprocate his feelings, she wanted to give him a shot. Knowing that the world denies them, that they are star-crossed lovers, her lip started quivering as her eyes were teary.

Failing to control the sadness building up, she broke down, heavy tears rolling down her cheeks one after the other.

"Baby. Oh no, why are you crying? Hush." Breaking the distance between them, he cups her cheeks, the power of his touch sending her over the edge.

Her heart was screaming to be heard, mumbling in between her cries, she uttered. "Tachycardia."

His hands still caressing her face, he looked into her eyes with confusion as she said that.

"That's how my heart is unsteady when I'm with you." She gave a weak smile, her cheekbones forced out as tears continuously streamed down on her face.

Junho was out of words, he paused for moments, staring at her as he adores every feature of hers: the dark lashes that were brimmed with heavy tears, the luminosity of her eyes and her soft rosy lips. The next thing she knew, his lips slammed into hers passionately.

Holding her tightly, he deepens the kiss as he tilts his head. Gradually the kiss became forceful and rough, she pulled him closer as she engulfed her arms around his neck, tears streaming from her eyes like pearl beads.

His tongue slipped inside exploring her caverns, a growing a fervent need rushed in his body. Tongues moving in synchronization, Aera tasted like bitter-sweet wine and midnights under the galaxy.

Her body was taken over by eccentric panic as he gently lays her down on the mat. He positioned on top of her, communicating through his eyes asking her for permission.

"Are you okay with this?" With a low and husky voice, he asked.

She nodded, pulling the blanket to cover the both of them. He started leaving delicate kisses on the crook of her neck, setting both straps of her dress down. Hurriedly he unbuttons his polo and helped her undress herself until the both of them were bare— body to body and soul to soul.

"I love you, Aera." He utters, brushing his lips on her forehead.

"I love you too, Junho." She mumbled, her eyes shut close as he kissed her.In that proximity and intimacy, they shared an orderly confusion, not knowing if they were doing things right. Intertwining their fingers together, their bodies danced, rhythmically increasing. 

Canopies of stars enveloping them, shining bright for them.

At that moment, a fine line between lust and love has been drawn.

At that moment, it was love.