Chapter 9: On Call

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 9

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.

Making their way downtown, the sky was clear until nimbus clouds enshrouded the atmosphere

Making their way downtown, the sky was clear until nimbus clouds enshrouded the atmosphere. A cleansing ritual was yet to come, heavy clouds were like heavy hearts writhing in pain. A passing downpour teemed from the sky. Heavy rain patters on the car's window. Junho selected a track on the car's stereo system, playing SS501'S "Because I'm Stupid". The song was a very heartfelt song talking about a one sided love.

"Niga neomu bogoshipeo nareun. Neomu gyeongdigi himdeul nareneun!" He started singing hitting the right tunes.

Aera chuckled, her eyes crinkled at the sight of him singing.

"Neoreul saranghanda ibgae maemdora, honja dasi ddo crying for you!" His vocal pitch varying, squinting his eyes as his voice does a rapid movement from one tone to the other.

"Honja dassi ddo missing for you!" She started to join him in singing. His hand on the steering wheel, he continued driving as he sang his heart out. "Baby I love you. I'm waiting for you!"

"Hey Junho, I love that drama." She shared.

"Honestly, who would not love Goo Hye Sun? She's charming." Instead of talking about the drama, he praised Goo Hye Sun's visuals.

"You know...I love watching dramas although my life is pretty dramatic itself. " She said.

"Guess I don't know much about you yet because all I've seen is your side at work."

"Hmm... then let's play 7 facts. You start." She suggested, wanting to know more of him.

"I'm 28. I have 7 dogs at home. My favorite color is red. I'm afraid of heights. During my collegiate years, I have indulged myself in competitive Taekwondo. I used to be asexual until I met you. I'm apart of a vampire hunter organization." All at once, he stated those facts.

Taken aback by his last statement, her expression changed a bit for a second however she chose to dismiss the idea.

"I'm 26. I graduated medical school early. If you want me to die, give me a cup of coffee. Drinking wine is my nightly routine. In my family, all of them are inclined with the field of law and well... there's me! I know how to play the piano. When I was 7 years old I..." Her statement got cut off, as her phone started vibrating.

"Yes... Ah so there is an emergency and the surgeon assigned went on an early break?" She mumbled, talking to someone on the phone, as the call was reaching to its end, she dropped the call.

"Junho, I'm sorry. Can we have this at another time? I'm on call because a surgeon is unavailable right now. Will it be possible if I'd stop somewhere near the hospital and I'd just take the cab so I wouldn't have to bother you?" The car was put into a halt upon moving to another direction, making a U-turn.