3: PARTY

As we reached the destination of Ethan's party, he was already a little tipsy from the alcohol he'd consumed in the limo.

As we came to a stop and the door opened, he let out an almighty scream. "WOO HOO.. We're here." He grabbed my hand pulling me out with him, almost pulling my hand out its socket. Jesus he had some strength.

We told the bouncer on the door who we were and he let us in. As we walked in, the place was packed. There were so many people here from our childhood that I personally hadn't seen for a while.

"I'm going to get a drink." Ethan said, making his way through the sea of people. As for me.. I stood and had a look around to see who was here.

"Ellie?"

I'd recognise that voice anywhere. As I turned and faced him, he had the biggest smile on his face, as did I. "Well, I'll be damned. I thought I'd never see you again." Kyle said, pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's great to see you, Kyle." He was my high school sweetheart. It didn't last, but we parted on really good terms and remained friends. But this is the first time I've seen him in 7 years. The last time I saw him was when my mum threw a charity event and invited him and his family and lots of other people.

"So, what are you doing nowadays?" He asked, releasing me from his grip.

"I work at Black's Law Firm." His eyes narrowed, then widened at my words.

"You work for Sam Black?"

"Yes.. Why?"

"No reason." He said, brushing it off.

"I remember you saying in high school you wanted to be a lawyer. I can't believe you did it."

"I'm still doing it. It takes a while to become a respected lawyer you know," I chuckled.

"What about you? What are you up to nowadays?" I continued.

"I work as a chef at a restaurant just down the street, in fact I own it."

"That's awesome, Kyle. I always knew you'd be a chef. You're cooking was amazing."

"Yeah, and I know something else that was pretty amazing too." He smirked. I blushed a little. He chuckled.

"After all these years I can still make you blush." He winked.

"Alright. Down boy " I say jokingly, making him laugh.

We made our way to the bar to grab a drink and chatted for what felt like hours. It felt like the good old times. The times I'll always cherish.

"I'll be right back, I need the bathroom."

"I'll be here." He smiled. I smiled back and made my way through the crowd to the bathroom. It took me 20 minutes to find it. This place was like a damn maze. But just as I was about to go in, someone grabbed me from behind picking me up and taking me into a room opposite.

"What the hell. Let me go!" I said, trying to wriggle free, only to find the grip on me get tighter. Once we were inside, I heard the door shut and lock, and my feet were gently put back on the ground.

"Do you want to explain yourself, Miss Beaumont?"

As I looked up, I came face to face with my boss.

"How about you explain yourself." I said, poking his shoulder. "You scared the shit out of me!" I shouted.

"My, my. It's amazing what a few drinks can do for some people." He smirked.