13. TRUTH

A knock at the door made him freeze. He eyes looked full of fear, almost like he knew who was now banging on his front door.

"Are you going to get that?" I asked with a brow raised.

"I'd rather not." He replied, grabbing me by my waist and kissing me again.

A loud bang at the door again startled him, making him curse under his breath.

We both made our way downstairs and into his porch, where another loud knock echoed and rippled through me and his house.

I could tell he was angry by the way he walked over to the door. When he opened it, there stood another women with a huge grin on her face.

They stood there in silence for a while, until finally...

"Well aren't you going to invite me in?" She said, a confidence in her voice.

Before he could tell her no, she barged passed him and walked straight over to me.

"And who the hell are you?" She said, looking me up and down in what I can only describe as disgust.

"Ok, first of all, don't you dare speak to me like that again, and second of all, I might ask you the same question."

"Ellie, can you go into my office please."

"Bu..."

"Ellie... Please." He said, his eyes pleading with me to just do as I was told.

As I went into his office, I could hear them talking and yelling about something... what though, I wasn't sure.

About half an hour passed before he came into his office, so I take it she, whoever she was, was gone.

I wasn't going to beat around the bush with this, I was just going to ask him straight...

"Tell me the truth, Sam... Who was she? And don't even for a second think about lying to me." I asked.

"She's no one, Ellie."

"She didn't look like no one to me. She seemed pretty confident barging passed me into your house."

"Why does it matter who she is?"

"Because it does."

"That's not an answer, Ellie."

"You want to know why it matters so much?"

"Yeah, I do" he snapped.

I could hear anger in his voice, but it wasn't me he was angry at, that much I do know.

I didn't want to tell him why it mattered so much. I didn't even want to admit it to myself, but if I don't say anything, it will eat away at me and I'll regret it.

I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"It matters because I don't want to be the other women, Sam. If there's someone else that you've failed to mention then I'm out. I'm not that kind of girl."