"It's not you I don't trust," he grumbled with a cute pout, securely taking my hand into his.

'Cute.'

"She's a grown woman, she can talk with who she wants," Tae berated him while walking over to my side, his hand latching onto my unoccupied one. I looked down at both men who had their hands holding onto my own for dear life and groaned internally.

"Well she's my girlfriend and I don't like her alone with you!"

"Girlfriend?" Taehyung and I said in unison, both of our eyes popped wide. 

Jimin and Jin continued to watch as if they were watching a movie, shoving food into mouths while their eyes danced between the three of us. 

Jungkook gave my hand a squeeze, dropping his hard act long enough to give me a small smile. "Yes, my girlfriend," he repeated, giving my hand another squeeze, almost as if he was asking me without words and I smiled in return, giving an indication of a big hell yes

Jungkook's face finally relaxed before speaking again. "And before you talk to her... I'd like to speak with you first-- " Clearing his throat while rolling his eyes, he finished, "i-if you don't mind."

I could have laughed at how hard Jungkook was trying to be polite.

Taehyung eyed him up and down suspiciously before heaving a sigh and turning on his heel. "Fine, whatever."

Now I was the one creasing with concern.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine," Jungkook comforted with a small smile before spinning around to catch up to Taehyung.

"Five bucks says your guy starts it," Jimin extended his hand to Jin with a sly smile.

Jin smirked back, grasping Jimin's hand firmly. "You're on."

I couldn't move or speak, only watch as my ex and my boyfriend wandered off down the hall.

Together.

--

[3rd Person POV]

Taehyung unwrapped the lollipop he bought out of the vending machine, shoving the candy in his mouth before leaning against the pale blue hospital wall. He stuffed his hands into jean jacket pockets, side glancing at Jungkook who was awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other beside him.

Jungkook, who was trying his hardest not to pace back and forth, huffed and finally spoke up. "If you really think talking with y/n is gonna bring her back, I'm gonna let you know right now-- "

"Chill, man. I wasn't trying to get back together with her," Taehyung cut him off, sounding completely bored. 

"Do you have any idea how much you've done to her? How much you hurt her?" Jungkook kept his voice as even as possible, trying to relieve his anger by squeezing and releasing his fists.

Taehyung sighed, training his eyes to the white tile floor. "I know... I just wanted to apologize."

"Tsh, apologize. Like that's gonna help her forget all the shit you did... " 

Jungkook was going to continue until Tae pushed off the wall, striding to sit on the nearby bench a few yards away. Jungkook twisted his mouth to one side before rolling his eyes, following him. 

Taehyung hung his head and clasped his hands together, elbows on knees. "You don't think I know how much I've fucked up?! I know apologizing won't help her forget. But maybe it could help her find sort of closure or something. I wish I could have closure like that... " He couldn't finish but Jungkook understood who he was talking about.