☆a fever you can't sweat out~awsten~☆

shoutout to blondsoldier

You kicked the blankets off of your legs for the sixth time, groaning. You were too hot to have the blankets on you, but at the same time, you were shivering without anything covering you. You refused to believe you were sick.

You didn't want to miss any work, but you had a sinking feeling that you'd have to stay home today.

Awsten came into the bedroom, catching sight of you still tossing in bed. "What's up? Are you okay?" he asked, running his hands in his hair. "Yeah," you lied, quite unconvincingly. He sat down on the bed next to your legs. "Why do you lie to me?" he whined, laying his head on your stomach.

"Awsten, really," you insisted, your voice cracking. "Really," he mocked, looking up at your half closed eyes.

"You're sick, Y/N," Awsten said, taking one of your hands in his and running his thumb across the back of it. "I'm fine," you said weakly, already knowing it was no use. "Sure, sure," Awsten said, getting up off of you. "I'm going to the store. I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't get out of bed while I'm gone, or so help me. You need your rest."

"Whatever you say," you mumbled, your voice scratchy, blowing him a kiss as he ducked out of the door.

▪▪▪

"I've got drugs!" Awsten exclaimed as he came back into the room, a Walgreens bag in his hand. "Also, I might have picked up some Lunchables." He flopped down on the bed next to you and switched the TV on.

"I love you," you whispered, laying your head on his chest. "Oh, I love you, too." He kissed your lips. "Man, you're burning up." "Don't kiss me," you protested at the same time. "You'll get sick too."

"That's okay," Awsten murmured, pushing a piece of hair out of your eyes as you closed them, and rested your head on his shoulder. "I don't care."

a/n: again special thanks to blondsoldier for requesting this <33 big love