☆marathon~awsten~☆

*trigger warning: abuse, self harm, ptsd*

I told you not to touch my phone. I warned you. I don't know why you always make me do this, Y/N. You brought this on yourself.

Polaroids of you and your ex, Dean, surrounded you. Every so often, the insecurity and fear would come back in floods, and you looked at the pictures each time. You don't know why, but it seemed like you should. You looked at your reflection in your phone's dark screen. You could see the scar on your neck where he'd cut you. You could see the irregular bump on your nose where he'd broken it and left it.

You heard a soft knock on the door, and looked up to see Awsten poking his head in. "Hey, baby," he said quietly, stepping into the room. He came over and knelt beside you. He reached up to brush a wet piece of hair out of your eye, but you flinched away from him.

"Hey, thay douchebag can't hurt you anymore, okay? I promise you that. I won't ever hurt you like he did. Not even close." He held out his arms, and you collapsed into him, your chest heaving with sobs. You felt Awsten pick you up and put you on the bed, and the mattress shifted as he curled up next to you. He snaked his arms around you and pulled you close to him, and you could smell his laundry detergent: Gain Original, the only scent he liked.

"We are gonna get this creep off our minds with a little bit of unhealthy entertainment," Awsten said, flicking on Netflix and clicking on New Girl. "This show has so many episodes, and we get judged for binge-watching? Blame the companies, dude. It's their fault." You giggled and he kissed you for a long time. "I love you too much for you to be haunted by that idiot. If I ever see him, I'm gonna punch his lights out, I swear to God."

"Thanks, Awsten," you said into his neck. "I love you, girl," he replied, his breath ruffling your hair. "I love you, too."