☆knight in shining armor~awsten~ (part 2)☆

(a/n: in case you missed the joke knight is awstens last name so that's my joke for the dayyyy look at me being clever anyways thanks to @IzzyxVanity for requesting this part two thanks babe blep sorry carry on)

Alice slipped away through the crowd, leaving you with a crumpled phone number and an idea. You craned your neck above the crowd trying to spot a blob of purple in the waves of people, blurry clumps of brown and black and gray. Finally, in the opposite corner of the bar, you spotted Awsten sitting at a table, trying to get some other guy to drink a coffee.

You pushed past the groups of people and came up behind him. He was patting some guy with brown hair and a striped sweater's back. "Geoff, please," he coaxed, putting a mug full of hot coffee under his nose. You plop down in front of him, and he smiles when he sees you. "Hi, Y/N," he greeted you. "You remember my name?" you ask, surprised. "Well, yeah," he says, like it's obvious. "I couldn't forget you."

You smiled in bewilderment before you knew what you were doing. You shook your head to clear it, but his soft, easy words bounced in the back of your mind like a pinball. I couldn't forget you.

You cleared your throat. "Um, Awsten, this sounds kinda weird, considering we've just met, but my friend, who I came here with, has to clean up her boyfriend, who's puked everywhere, and I don't live around here, and I'm afraid of taxis , and I'm really sorry-"

He put his hand on your shoulder, and only then did you realize you were crying. You wiped at your face with your hands, but embarrassment only made you cry more. "Oh, my God. I am so sorry. I'll-I'll call someone." You slipped your phone out of your pocket and tried to make out the contact names through your blurry vision.

"No, I'm not gonna leave you like this. I'm not heartless," Awsten joked, and gave you a goodnatured white smile. He turned to Geoff, and said,"I'll call Otto. He'll be here soon." He pulled his phone out and had a short conversation with someone, who you presumed was Otto.

Awsten put his hand on your shoulder. "Let's get out of here. I can smell other people's sweat." He grabbed your hand and led you expertly through the crowd, with minimal jostling, and you were grateful. He stood on the curb, waving down cabs like he did this all the time. "Do you do this a lot?" you asked, but it came out flatter than you intended. He raised his eyebrow, but then he said, "No. I'm not a rescuer." A yellow car pulled to the side of the street and he opened the door for you. "I think you might be, Awsten." He slid in after you and grabbed your hand. It was a comforting gesture, but you had a hunch he'd meant it as an invitation for something more.

(a/n: part 3 if you want... I have no life so ja. ly guys)