CHAPTER 17

"Jema.. Can we start all over again?"

"..."

"I'll make it better.." she added.

I sighed

"We can't just start all over again, Deanna. You left me, ni hindi mo nga ako tinext o tinawagan after we broke up."

"When I went to Cebu, I had to break up with you because my parents instructed me to do so and they were there listening to what I'm going to say.. it wasn't my choice, Jema. They locked me in my room, they confiscated my phone so I wasn't able to call you. I feel so fucking helpless that time. I was angry at myself. When we're about to board on the plane, I've tried to runaway.." her voice trembled and tears started to stream down her cheeks.

I can't imagine how hard that is for Deanna. All these years I was mad at her for leaving me but she's been through hell more than I did.

"I'm sorry" I hugged her.

"It's not your fault, Jema. I'm the one to blame.. I'm such a coward."

"Sshh.. stop blaming yourself." I caresses her back.

"I'm sorry, Jema."

"Sshh.. it's okay."

An hour had passed, Deanna finally calmed down. We decided to go to our tents to have some rest.
—-
In the morning I saw Deanna and Ponggay talking so I decided to approached them.

"Good morning." they greeted in unison

"Good morning."

"How's your sleep?" Deanna asked

"Okay naman" I smiled and sat beside Ponggay.

"I forgot to do something.. got to go!" Ponggay said and left us.

There's an awkward silence between Deanna and I.

"Jema, there's a falls nearby.. uhh — do u wanna swim or something.. u know. uhm.. after breakfast."

"Okay, relax. We're good." I chuckled

"So, I guess we're officially FRIENDS." she grinned

"Yeah, I suppose."

"With benefits?"

We laughed

"Sure, if you want to." I teased her.

After breakfast we made our way to the falls. When we arrived we found ourselves standing at the edge of it. Deanna started to take off her clothes and I can't help but to stare at her astonishing body.

"You're drooling, Jema."

"What?!" I wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

"Don't worry, my body is yours!" she laughed

"Tara na!" she added

"We're not gonna jump here are we?"

"It'll be fun! Now, take off your shirt."

"What?! It's like 30 feet high. I'm not gonna jump!"

"C'mon babe."

"Don't babe me!"

"Tatalon ka o itutulak kita?"

"Nopeee"

"Isaaa"

"Okay, okay. Tatalon na." I took off my shirt

"On the count of three" Deanna and I held hands.