CHAPTER 11

After the fight that Deanna and I had, I went home and saw my mom watching tv. She looked at me and turned off the tv.

"Oh anak? Akala ko may lakad kayo ni Deanna?"

"Maaaa!" I hugged her and started crying.

"Nag-away ba kayo? Anong nangyari?"

"Natatakot daw siya mag-out sa parents nya tapos iniisip nya yung sasabihin ng fans nya pag nalaman na may karelasyon siyang babae."

"Tapos?"

"Nagwalk-out ako."

"Alam mo anak, kung iisipin mo mahirap talaga sitwasyon ni Deanna. Yung paga-out kasi di madali.. kailangan mo ng sobrang daming lakas ng loob. Mas lalo't relihiyoso ang pamilya nya anak."

"Anong gagawin ko, Ma?"

"Magsorry ka, magusap kayo. Tsaka yung mga fans? Kung talagang idol nila si Deanna edi susuportahan nila no matter what diba?"

"Thank you, Ma. I love you"

"I love you, too anak." she smiled

I stopped crying and went to my room. I grabbed my phone and dialled the number of Deanna.

"Hello?" Deanna said through the phone

"Babe, I'm sorry kanina. Natakot lang ako na baka iwan mo 'ko. Sorry talagaaa."

"Jema.. Look, I'm sorry din. I've told my parents about us na." she sighed.

"..."

"They told me to break up with you and want me to study in States and live there.. they'll not support me if I disobeyed them."

"What?" I was shocked.

"I love you, Jema. But I can't disobey them. I'm really sorry."

"Are you breaking up with me? Diba pwede naman natin isekreto gaya ng dati? Diba may nagwork naman na long distance relationship? Deanna, di pa natin tapos yung dating list mo.." I was crying and having a hard time talking.

"I'm sorry.."

"Deanna, paano na ako? Akala ko mahal mo ko?"

"I do, I do love you."

"B-bat mo ko iiwan? Bat di mo ko ipaglaban?"

"I'm sorry.."

"Deanna, please.. wag mo naman gawin sakin 'to."

"Jema, stop please.."

She ended the call. I called her again but she didn't answer. I called her again and still no answer. I texted her but she didn't reply to any of my texts. I didn't know love can be this painful. It felt like my heart were stabbed a hundred times.
—-

I woke up with a headache I quickly looked for my phone hoping that Deanna will say that it was all a prank.. but there's no message. Tears forming through my eyes again.

*Insert bboom bboom ringtone*

I answered it without looking who's calling.

"Hello, maam? Tanong ko lang po kung kaano-ano nyo si Mrs. Galanza?"

"Mama ko po. Bakit po? Sino po ba to?"

"Maam. May aksidente po kasing nangyari kanina. Punta nalang po kayo dito sa St. Luke's."

"Ano pong nangyari?" My hands were shaking.

"Punta nalang po kayo dito maam."

I ended the call and went to the hospital. I was shaking and I feel like I'm gonna faint. When I got to the hospital I asked the nurse where my mom is and she checked the list.

"Maam. Nasa morgue po."

"Excuse me? Morgue?"

"Dead on arrival po si Mrs. Galanza"

"No, no, no! Di magandang biro yan Miss." I couldn't believe what she's telling me.

"Ms. Galanza?" A police officer approached me. "I'm so sorry for your loss. Nawalan ng preno yung sinakyan ng mama nyo. Lahat ng pasahero namatay including the driver" he added.

Tears started to fall into my cheeks. I went to the morgue and saw my mom laying there.

"No! No! No!" I screamed and hugged the lifeless body of my mom. I couldn't help but to blame God on what's happening to me.

After an hour of crying I had calmed down and left the morgue. I saw Kat talking to the police, when she saw me she approached and hugged me.

"I'm sorry." she said.

And tears started to fall again.

"Sshh.. it's okay, it's okay. I'm here na."
—-

Kat and I fixed the things needed for the funeral. I informed all my relatives and friends about what happen including Deanna.

On the first night the Lady Eagles went to send their condolences.

"Hey. I'm sorry for your loss" Bea approached me.

"It's okay."

"Stay strong, okay? If you need anything you can call me."

"Thank you."

She's about the leave when..

"Bea, uhm.. where's Deanna?"

"Jema, ano kasi e.. uhm.."

"she can't make it?"

"Yeah. She's in Cebu, bukas na yung flight nya so yeah.. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. No worries."

We're done so I shouldn't expect anything from her right?