CHAPTER 10

The UAAP formally started and todays game is Lady Eagles against the Lady Bulldogs. Deanna bought us (Mom and I) a ticket to watch the game. We sat at the bleachers near the court. We waited for a few minutes before the ALE and NULB entered the court. Everyone was screaming and cheering. I saw Deanna, she kept on looking around I bet she's looking for me. And when she saw me she smiled and I can't help but to blush. She waved at us and we waved back. A group of fangirls and fanboys thought that the wave of Deanna was for them. They screamed, it felt like my eardrums are going to explode. I overheard them talking..

"Omg! That's the new member that I was talking about. She's so adorable!" - (Fangirl 1)

"Nainlove ako sa ngiti nyaa!" - (Fanboy 1)

"Pag ako talaga nabigyan ng chance na maging girlfriend si Wong di ko na papakawalan." (Fanboy 2)

"Hanap ka iba, sakin si Wong!" (FB1)

"Sakin siya kumaway! So sakin siya!" (FB2)

I chuckled at their conversation. 'Sorry guys, but she's mine' I thought to myself.

The game started and everyone's going wild while mom and I remained calm. On the first set the Lady Bulldogs won but Lady Eagles played well on the second set and won it. The match is really exciting and damn my girl is really doing great at setting the ball. Third set comes and the NULB won again.

TIMEOUT

I can see that Deanna worried. She looked at me, I smiled at her and she smiled back. Fourth and Fifth set comes, ALE won. That was an intense game! BDL crowned as the Player of the Game.

After the game, my mom and I went home without Deanna since the Lady Eagles is going to have a party tonight for their first win. They invited me but I refused since I have a lot of stuff to do. When we came home I sent a message to Deanna.

'Hey, babe! Congratulations! Ang galing mo ❤️'

'Thanks, babe. I wish you were here! I'm bored 😭'

'Aww, you know naman we have a lot of homeworks babe e. I'm sorry. Bawi ako, enjoy ka muna dyan 😘'

'It's okay, babe. You should rest na. I'll text you when I get home. I love you ❤️'

'Goodnight, babe. I love you, too.'
——
Another weeks had passed, Deanna and I barely see each other since almost everyday they have a training. But we always make time during saturdays. We played Mini golf and Nerf gun fight, we had an Outdoor picnic and played Paintball on our saturday date.

The Lady Eagles are first on the league they have 5 wins and 1 loss. I'm really proud of Deanna, but I guess she's feeling down a bit since her family can't watch her games. She doesn't really like to talk about her family, she kept on ignoring my questions about them but she told me that she'll introduce me someday. I wonder when will that be..
—-
SATURDAY

I woke up with Deanna beside me, after their game against the Lady Falcons she went to my apartment and spent the night. I stared at her appreciating the tiny details on her face.

"Stop staring. I might melt, u know." she chuckled and opened her eyes.

"You're so beautiful." I smiled and she blushed.

"You, too. I'm lucky to have you." she then leaned forward and kissed my lips.

"Any plans for today?" I asked

"How 'bout a Roadtrip?" her face suddenly lightened.

"Sounds good."

"Okay, let's go!"
——

We've been driving for 30 minutes so we decided to buy foods at a convenience shop. The whole ride is a complete silence but a comfortable one. I turned on the radio and One Direction's 'They don't know about us' is playing.

[People say we shouldn't be together
We're too young to know about forever
But I say they don't know what they talk, talk, talkin' about (Talk, talk, talkin' about)
'Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don't wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girl ~ 🎶]

"Babe, what's on your mind?" I asked.

"I'm just wondering what my life would be if I was a born the opposite sex. Ever since I met you, my life became perfect. You saved me from my ugly thoughts. And now, I'm scared.. you know that our relationship is not normal. We're both girls and there's a lot of homophobic people out there. And everyday it gets harder and harder.. i'm becoming famous what will people say if they found out that I'm gay?"

"So you think that our relationship is wrong?"

"It's not like that, it's just.. I think it would be easy if we're like the normal couples."

"Seriously, normal?! Ano ba sayo ang 'normal couple'? And ano naman kung pareho tayong babae? Wala sa sexual orientation yun. Naiinlove ka sa tao dahil sa pagkatao nila hindi dahil sa lalaki o babae sila! Bat mo ba iniisip sasabihin ng iba?" I exclaimed.

"I'm scared, okay?!"

I was taken a back about the way she said those words.

"You're scared? So kaya di mo ako mapakilala sa parents mo? Because you're fucking scared!"

"Di mo kasi alam ugali nila!"

"Paano ko naman malalaman e ayaw mong sagutin mga tanong ko tungkol sakanila?!"

"They hate the LGBT COMMUNITY! And they didn't know that I'm gay! Di pa ako ready!"

"What the fuck Deanna?! You're not ready pero jinowa mo 'ko!"

"Mahal kita! Pero di pa ako ready mag-out. Give me time! Please.."

we were shouting at each other.

"Stop the car!"

"What?"

"Stop the fucking car!" she stopped and I stepped out of the car and called out a taxi. Tears formed in my eyes and I couldn't protest and let it flow. FUCK.